Bethgordon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I was wondering if any vet med (or other) students know of any good abattoirs to get experience at.

Thanks!
Tenrec
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Bethgordon)
Hi, I was wondering if any vet med (or other) students know of any good abattoirs to get experience at.

Thanks!
Abattoirs are often very difficult to get a placement at, are you looking for a public health placement?. I know a couple of places in the South East for public health although they don't do cattle or sheep. Which are of the country are you in?
frogs are cool x
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Bethgordon)

Thanks!
Hi,
As said before it is quite hard to get experience in an abattoir because of health and safety, insurance, some places take dodgy shortcuts etc. But what I did was I googled all the abattoirs I could get to and then emailed each one. There was only a couple that replied to me but I did manage to go to an abattoir and it was suprisingly such a good experience, I learned alot about the anatomy and pathology and I even took home some sausages!

Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads