Turn on thread page Beta

How many is too many? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This discussion was inspired by the fact that the many threads on sex/virginity here seem to get quite heated and reveal quite different opinions. It was also inspired by the revelation that my 21 year old male friend has just acquired the 50th notch on his bedpost So, when it comes to past sexual partners, how many do you think is too many? If you meet a new guy or girl and ask them about their past lovers, what number are you comfortable with and what number (if any) would make you close the door in their face? Would you ever lie to someone about how many people you'd been with? What's an "ideal" number for a new partner to have been with? Discuss - but remember this is all about opinions and don't **** anyone else off for their views
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Any more than one at a time without everyone involveds full concent is too many.

ReputationRep:
    Depends how old someone is really...but im really sexist on this point cos if a bloke told me he'd slept wth fifty girls id think player and if a girl said that id think she was probably easy....(please no one quote Christina Aguilera to me)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    Depends how old someone is really...but im really sexist on this point cos if a bloke told me he'd slept wth fifty girls id think player and if a girl said that id think she was probably easy....(please no one quote Christina Aguilera to me)
    I think that's still a pretty common feeling amongst a lot of people though - regardless of what Christina Aguilera says Would that put you off going out with the girl though or change the way you'd treat her?

It's quality not quantity.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't go with somebody who has had more than 5 Id say because I'm saving it till marriage, so I don't think a relationship would work if someone was mad on sex and I wasn't plus I just don't feel comfortable at the idea of someone sleeping with loads of people, just seems dirty to me, probably an old fashioned view but I'm not bothered (I wasn't quoting Christina Aguilera by the way with that dirty reference, I'll be your geniue in a bottle and make your wish come true)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowjamz)
    I think that's still a pretty common feeling amongst a lot of people though - regardless of what Christina Aguilera says Would that put you off going out with the girl though or change the way you'd treat her?
    No not all i think people should have sex as much as they like, I've had quite a few sexual partners myself (admitedly nowhere near 50) and I dont think anyone would treat me any differently because of it

ReputationRep:
    an ex boyfriend of mine had under 10 but more than me and i have to say it did slightly bother me because i felt less experienced but then i remembered its quality not quantity in which case i theoretically had done much better
    i know girls who have had many more partners than me and many people do call them names even though its not that high a number. i personally dont like the idea of sleeping with loads of people because of the risk of infection and pregnancy etc.

ReputationRep:
    This discussion was inspired by the fact that the many threads on sex/virginity here seem to get quite heated and reveal quite different opinions. It was also inspired by the revelation that my 21 year old male friend has just acquired the 50th notch on his bedpost So, when it comes to past sexual partners, how many do you think is too many? If you meet a new guy or girl and ask them about their past lovers, what number are you comfortable with and what number (if any) would make you close the door in their face? Would you ever lie to someone about how many people you'd been with? What's an "ideal" number for a new partner to have been with? Discuss - but remember this is all about opinions and don't **** anyone else off for their views
    I'd say there's a high probability that your male friend is lying. I don't know him but I just know how guys can lie about this stuff. Even I lied a tiny bit in the past... To have slept with 50 girls by 21, that's really tough.
    Loads of my mates used to tell me they had slept with loads of girls and a couple admitted to me that they had lied and had only lost their virginity a while ago. Believe me, it's really common to lie about this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    It's quality not quantity.
    I think I've had more quantity than quality

My ex girlfriend couldn't even remember her number of partners. It was around 20. That kind of bothered me. Some girls, past a certain age, will even show reticence to tell you their number of partners, telling you it's the past and that shouldn't come into account. Which I don't agree with...

(Original post by SamTheMan)
    There there, i haven't had much of either, in fact any of either.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say there's a high probability that your male friend is lying. I don't know him but I just know how guys can lie about this stuff. Even I lied a tiny bit in the past... To have slept with 50 girls by 21, that's really tough.
    Loads of my mates used to tell me they had slept with loads of girls and a couple admitted to me that they had lied and had only lost their virginity a while ago. Believe me, it's really common to lie about this.
    Very true - many guys I know talk complete rubbish when it comes to this! In this case, though, for various reasons I can be 99.9% sure this guy's telling the truth. But in some ways he's still less experienced than those who have had one partner in a long-term relationship, because he's never been with one girl for more than two weeks - they're all brief flings and one night stands. I guess it's all relative.

ReputationRep:

My ex girlfriend couldn't even remember her number of partners. It was around 20. That kind of bothered me. Some girls, past a certain age, will even show reticence to tell you their number of partners, telling you it's the past and that shouldn't come into account. Which I don't agree with...
    I have to admit I can't always remember 'my number' it changes everytime I count!!!! And it doesnt take that many for it to be difficult to remember them all, past around 10 its easy to forget one or to assume that you slept with someone and then remember it wasnt full sex, or you passed out

ReputationRep:
    Very true - many guys I know talk complete rubbish when it comes to this! In this case, though, for various reasons I can be 99.9% sure this guy's telling the truth. But in some ways he's still less experienced than those who have had one partner in a long-term relationship, because he's never been with one girl for more than two weeks - they're all brief flings and one night stands. I guess it's all relative.
    when you have a one-on-one with someone, it's easier to tell if they're lying or not. If you've seen him in action, then maybe it makes sense to you that he's reached the big 50. I think it must be tough to reach 50. There aren't THAT many girls who are up for one-night stands. Maybe he has an eye for cheap slappers.

By the age of 12 or 13, there were loads of guys in my class who were saying they were no longer virgins, some were friends of mine and were clearly ********ting.

ReputationRep:
    There aren't THAT many girls who are up for one-night stands. Maybe he has an eye for cheap slappers.
    I think, unfortunately, he does :rolleyes: However, surely it makes him more of a cheap slapper than the girls...

ReputationRep:
    ive sleepted wiv 7 boys but when i meet new boys i tell them only 4 because i think 7 is too many, i dont really regret sleeping wiv any1 but there was 4 boys who i was wiv a long time so i just say 4...

boys always lie about how many girls they have sleept wiv (well most of them) and it would put me off knowing that they have been with say more than 10 girls!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxkellyxx)
    ive sleepted wiv 7 boys but when i meet new boys i tell them only 4 because i think 7 is too many, i dont really regret sleeping wiv any1 but there was 4 boys who i was wiv a long time so i just say 4...

boys always lie about how many girls they have sleept wiv (well most of them) and it would put me off knowing that they have been with say more than 10 girls!!!
    holy crap, you're only 17 :eek:
    Essex girls...

ReputationRep:
    Essex girls...
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    I wanna have sex with 100 different women before I get married, thats my aim..

ReputationRep:
    Essex girls...
    my friend is 15 and has slept with 7....well she was 15...now i wonder how many it is!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.