Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I didn't particularly want to intrude on the F1 fantasy thread, so thought i would make a general megathread where races and incidents can be discussed. (Did there not used to be one of these, or a Motorsport section, or have I just gone crazy?)

The latest being that the FIA have finally announced that they will be investigating Nico Rosberg's pole lap for Hungary.

Formula 1 ‏@F1 19m19 minutes ago
    Nico Rosberg has been called to the stewards for an alleged breach of the international sporting code regarding slowing for yellow flags.

It's certainly a tough decision i feel, not least because the double yellow flags were being waved immediately before the corner and it certainly does look like he genuinely lifted. However being the biased Brit that i am, i certainly don't think he slowed down enough given that it was a double yellow flag.

Will certainly be interesting to watch the developments and if / what action they decide to take.

ReputationRep:
    ...And it appears like no action will be taken on Rosberg.

"The telemetry demonstrated that the driver reduced speed significantly into Turn 8"

Ahh, so a driver braked before a turn, this is news to me!

In other matters though, apparently there is a rule that qualifying laps have to be within 107% of the fastest lap, and during Q1, only 11 cars were technically within that rule. Will be interesting to see if anything comes of that, or whether this is just yet another stupendous rule that won't be acted upon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Morsey_)
    ...And it appears like no action will be taken on Rosberg.

"The telemetry demonstrated that the driver reduced speed significantly into Turn 8"

Ahh, so a driver braked before a turn, this is news to me!

In other matters though, apparently there is a rule that qualifying laps have to be within 107% of the fastest lap, and during Q1, only 11 cars were technically within that rule. Will be interesting to see if anything comes of that, or whether this is just yet another stupendous rule that won't be acted upon.
    No idea where to discuss this so I'll just join here😊 yeah, think he just got lucky there tbh, just at the right part of the track at the right time. That start from Hamilton though, finally👌

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The race between Ferrari and Red Bull was very good to watch, but overall a slightly boring race.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm would say awesome and I'm in but F1 has been so dull for ages.

Saying that I still watch it, what is my life :lol:

ReputationRep:
    German grand prix today.

Rosberg on pole

Rain cannot entirely be ruled out.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.radareu.cz/

For those who want to monitor rain potential you want to zoom in North of Stuttgart.

Main shower area to the north looks to be moving too slowly so nothing beyond a bit of periodic drizzle.

ReputationRep:
    I love that the team radio is back

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Another incident for Rosberg, but ultimately he started terribly.

Red Bull are doing well, overtaken Ferrari now in the Championship. For the hate i have of Horner, I do certainly admire the two drivers he has got in his team.

Good win for Hamilton going into the summer break.

ReputationRep:
    Real lack of chat about F1 despite the next race being the final one and two racers in contention for the title.

Is it because Hamilton is an unpopular champion even amongst the English fans?

Or is F1 just not as popular as it used to be?

I used to take massive interest in F1 about 5 years ago but it's now waned. Partly because all the races aren't live on free-to-air TV, partly because I've gotten busy but also because imo the championship is actually pretty boring.

What you really want to see is a season which ebbs and flows between teams all having different advantages over the course of the season at different times. So it feels like a competition rather than a two-horse race between two team mates.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.