Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Was just wondering out of the people that have been there, did you enjoy it?

I chose there over hull because of the amount of math modules involved (I love math) and also the modern look to the building!

Is it recommended to get a laptop or do people generally use paper and the universities terminals?

What OS would you suggest for this degree? Linux, Mac?

Also as a mature student I might not have as many a level mathematical concepts in memory as my younger counterparts, I'm looking to get a head start over the holidays, would you recommend learning java syntax or brushing up on math before the official start date?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loooopppyyy)
    Was just wondering out of the people that have been there, did you enjoy it?

I chose there over hull because of the amount of math modules involved (I love math) and also the modern look to the building!

Is it recommended to get a laptop or do people generally use paper and the universities terminals?

What OS would you suggest for this degree? Linux, Mac?

Also as a mature student I might not have as many a level mathematical concepts in memory as my younger counterparts, I'm looking to get a head start over the holidays, would you recommend learning java syntax or brushing up on math before the official start date?
    Linux would be preferable for networking and security.No idea about mac as I have never used an Apple device.
    Most unis assume you have no knowledge of programming prior to the course but if your course has a lot of math it would be nice to start brushing up on it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.