Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For any of you that didn't know, CIE IGCSE Results are published
    From 06.00 BST on 11 August 2016 for all UK schools. The results should be available for students to access online. However, I have a dilemma. My school has not given any of their students logins to access their results on the website. Does anybody else have the same problem? Should I contact my exam's officer? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I believe that we are supposed to be given the logins to access our results, however, I'm not sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CIEBioloysifh)
    For any of you that didn't know, CIE IGCSE Results are published
    From 06.00 BST on 11 August 2016 for all UK schools. The results should be available for students to access online. However, I have a dilemma. My school has not given any of their students logins to access their results on the website. Does anybody else have the same problem? Should I contact my exam's officer? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I believe that we are supposed to be given the logins to access our results, however, I'm not sure.
    yes. the school is supposed to give you the login details weel in advance. i suggest you phone up your examinations officer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2000rules)
    yes. the school is supposed to give you the login details weel in advance. i suggest you phone up your examinations officer.
    Nobody else in our school got them, I'm really not sure whether I should do it. Did everyone in your school get them

ReputationRep:
    hey!
    (if you sat for the cie igcse BIOLOGY varient 2 paper this may, i have a doubt)

i estimate i got:

in paper 2 (mcq paper): 34/40
    in paper 4 (structured answer paper): 60/80
    in paper 6 (alternative to practical): 30/40

how do i calculate my mark out of 200?
    having lost this kind of marks, do i still have a chance of getting an A*?

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    Nobody else in our school got them, I'm really not sure whether I should do it. Did everyone in your school get them
    yes everyone in my school got them just a few days after registering and paying for the respective exams they were to take.

ReputationRep:
    Are you from the UK? We didn't have to pay/register for our exams, it was all done for us.

ReputationRep:
    yes! everyone in my school got them just a few days after registering and paying for the respective exams they were to take.

ReputationRep:
    hey!
    (if you sat for the cie igcse BIOLOGY varient 2 paper this may, i have a doubt)

i estimate i got:

in paper 2 (mcq paper): 34/40
    in paper 4 (structured answer paper): 60/80
    in paper 6 (alternative to practical): 30/40

how do i calculate my mark out of 200?
    having lost this kind of marks, do i still have a chance of getting an A*?

Many thanks
    I did sit CIE IGCSE biology, but variant 1. I would work what you got out as a percentage and compare. However, you need to remember about weighting, CIE work this all out. Look at the grade threshold for June 2015 and use that as a rough estimate.

ReputationRep:
    Are you from the UK? We didn't have to pay/register for our exams, it was all done for us.
    No, i am not from the UK. i took my exams in Dubai.

ReputationRep:
    No, i am not from the UK. i took my exams in Dubai.
    Do you think I should still ask? I'm slightly apprehensive to do so, as no-one in our school was given the details.

ReputationRep:
    I did sit CIE IGCSE biology, but variant 1. I would work what you got out as a percentage and compare. However, you need to remember about weighting, CIE work this all out. Look at the grade threshold for June 2015 and use that as a rough estimate.
    so i guess that's a 154/200. what grade is that usually?

ReputationRep:
    so i guess that's a 154/200. what grade is that usually?
    It's tight, because it's right on the boundary. Most of the time, if your calculations are correct, it should be an A*, however this is not guaranteed and depends on a variety of factors, i.e. how others have done and weighting.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think I should still ask? I'm slightly apprehensive to do so, as no-one in our school was given the details.
    why not? i guess its fine to find out. afterall, you wouldnt want to miss out on the results day excitement.

ReputationRep:
    It's tight, because it's right on the boundary. Most of the time, if your calculations are correct, it should be an A*, however this is not guaranteed and depends on a variety of factors, i.e. how others have done and weighting.

would 160/200 put me in a safer position?
    my previous estimate was if things went even worse.
    oh alrighty! thanks anyways.

ReputationRep:
    160 should put you in a much better stance, feel free to check the grade threshold tables on the CIE website to see how they have changed recently. Fingers crossed we both get the A*!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.