Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i can normally cope with this fact in every single circumstance, like i accept friends come and go, relationships likewise, jobs, interests in life etc.

but theres someone in my life who has somehow manage to transcend all of this and i value him an awful lot in my life. he's pre much my closest friend and at this rate will become my only friend (excluding a small handful of online friends) - and hes somehow managed to do this after only 10 months of us knowing each other.

when i think about going to uni next year i realise that that'll be the end of our friendship, i mean we can text but it's not the same, and I don't think i've ever been so upset about anything. I'm just not gonna be ready to go our separate ways and god he just means a lot to me

he means more to me than anyone else i've met or even dated, yet i've never felt romantically for him at all.

im sorry this is just a rant but im just so incredibly upset over this i hate feeling this way.

ReputationRep:
    Is visiting each other regularly not an option then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CorpusLuteum)
    Is visiting each other regularly not an option then?
    i am moving over three hours away haha, i dont know which uni (nor does he...) he's going to yet. I am hoping he is near but if he's not then it'll probably be too much difficulty.

I would feel very clingy asking him to meet up yano, i just have a fear that once hes gone thats it forever... tends to be how thing susually happen with me hah

ReputationRep:
    You suuuuuure you don't feel anything romantic towards him?

Although having said that these kinds of intense feelings can legit arise between best mates so.

ReputationRep:
    Awww, this is really cute. These kind of things can be inevitable I suppose. Maybe you both can Facetime or Skype each other to still keep in touch, although I know it's not the same. I have lost many people in life which I wish really badly I didn't lose, but it's just life I guess...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    i can normally cope with this fact in every single circumstance, like i accept friends come and go, relationships likewise, jobs, interests in life etc.

but theres someone in my life who has somehow manage to transcend all of this and i value him an awful lot in my life. he's pre much my closest friend and at this rate will become my only friend (excluding a small handful of online friends) - and hes somehow managed to do this after only 10 months of us knowing each other.

when i think about going to uni next year i realise that that'll be the end of our friendship, i mean we can text but it's not the same, and I don't think i've ever been so upset about anything. I'm just not gonna be ready to go our separate ways and god he just means a lot to me

he means more to me than anyone else i've met or even dated, yet i've never felt romantically for him at all.

im sorry this is just a rant but im just so incredibly upset over this i hate feeling this way.
    I can understand what you're saying, it is upsetting.
    I think, if you're both enthusiastic and serious about the friendship, it can be maintained with physical separation. It isn't ideal and I sure as hell wouldn't like it if I managed to find some one who I felt strongly about in the way you describe and had to move away from them. But perhaps have a chat with him about how you're feeling and see how you can both make it work so that the friendship isn't neglected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    You suuuuuure you don't feel anything romantic towards him?

Although having said that these kinds of intense feelings can legit arise between best mates so.
    I've questioned it a few times but everytime I do I conclude I don't feel romance. I compare it to every crush and partner I've had and the feelings are simply not the same.

(Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    Awww, this is really cute. These kind of things can be inevitable I suppose. Maybe you both can Facetime or Skype each other to still keep in touch, although I know it's not the same. I have lost many people in life which I wish really badly I didn't lose, but it's just life I guess...
    Yeah I hope we can SKype and keep up, it's just the fact it won't be the same which sucks hard.

(Original post by Emily.97)
    I can understand what you're saying, it is upsetting.
    I think, if you're both enthusiastic and serious about the friendship, it can be maintained with physical separation. It isn't ideal and I sure as hell wouldn't like it if I managed to find some one who I felt strongly about in the way you describe and had to move away from them. But perhaps have a chat with him about how you're feeling and see how you can both make it work so that the friendship isn't neglected.
    i popped him to him just now to talk about how i feel about next year and stuf, obviously ill prob end up having the proper convo next year but i couldnt deal with feeling this upset. I do hope we can maintain the friendship, because I've struggled with all other people haha.

ReputationRep:
    i am moving over three hours away haha, i dont know which uni (nor does he...) he's going to yet. I am hoping he is near but if he's not then it'll probably be too much difficulty.

I would feel very clingy asking him to meet up yano, i just have a fear that once hes gone thats it forever... tends to be how thing susually happen with me hah
    It's not clingy. It's important to keep close to the ones you love most. Do what you can and he will in return that way you'll find a way to keep in contact and keep close.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CorpusLuteum)
    It's not clingy. It's important to keep close to the ones you love most. Do what you can and he will in return that way you'll find a way to keep in contact and keep close.
    Thanks, I hope it works out this way

ReputationRep:

Welcome to the real world, where life sucks.

I know them feels brah :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    Welcome to the real world, where life sucks.

I know them feels brah :hugs:
    Why am I not getting quote notifications ://

Thanks I guess

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.