Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Please could someone recommend a good textbook/revision guide for AQA Biology. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I did AQA bio but on the old spec- even though I got the official textbook, revision guide and an AQA approved notes I found my best information and stuff came from notes I got from the internet- I can send you the links if you pm me- Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 362
Size:  98.5 KBAttachment 564494564496

HiThese are the books you need to get. You can get the full a level textbook in the picture instead of the as one as it has the content for both as and a level. So if you're buying the a level one there's no need to get the as. The cgp revision guide also contain as and a level material. You need to get the latest 2015 ones because of the new spec. If you search on google A Level Biology AQA Complete Revision and Practice it will come up and the original price is £20 but you can find cheaper ones as well. Good luck.

P.S here's a link to a thread full of bio resources

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3845551
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Workangel_24)

HiThese are the books you need to get. You can get the full a level textbook in the picture instead of the as one as it has the content for both as and a level. So if you're buying the a level one there's no need to get the as. The cgp revision guide also contain as and a level material. You need to get the latest 2015 ones because of the new spec. If you search on google A Level Biology AQA Complete Revision and Practice it will come up and the original price is £20 but you can find cheaper ones as well. Good luck.

can you show me the contents page of these books? (If you own them that is)- I want to see if the topics are things I'm interested in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Workangel_24)

Ive got them too; they're deffo the best
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    My class had the Oxford AQA AS Biology books (the new ones for the new specification) and we found a lot of the stuff in there was not actually in the new specification anymore - they've forgotten to take some stuff out. They are good for class work, but I wouldn't try using them to revise; they're too bulky.

The CGP books are the best for revision and make everything a lot easier to follow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucofthewoods)
    can you show me the contents page of these books? (If you own them that is)- I want to see if the topics are things I'm interested in
    I've got an electronic copy of it on Kerboodle because my school is subscribed to it. Tbh I rarely used the textbook as I found the cgp guide to be more useful but if you want to buy it you can. There's no difference in the contents. Every single topic on the spec is in this book and in much more detail.

Views: 432
Size:  496.9 KBAttachment 564638564640
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    HEY! Sorry for the capitals I just really wanted to draw your attention to this study guide because this could literally be one of the best things you buy for yourself. It is so helpful and detailed and if you buy the CGP revision guide in addition to their study guide (textbook) you will find yourself learning the information so much easier. I really can't recommend this book enough, I just bought mine for physics and it actually explains things I have never learnt before in such clarity it's just amazing.

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1469398484.870524.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  88.8 KB

New A-Level Biology for AQA: Year 1 & AS Student Book with Online Edition https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/17829431..._w2tLxbH04JSH0

(:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Buy a psychology book instead and guarantee yourself a better grade

ReputationRep:
    http://biologyaqaalevelnotes.blogspot.co.uk/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.