Recommendations for a A-level AQA Biology Textbook? Watch

SJ4444
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Please could someone recommend a good textbook/revision guide for AQA Biology. Thanks.
WannaBMedStudent
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did AQA bio but on the old spec- even though I got the official textbook, revision guide and an AQA approved notes I found my best information and stuff came from notes I got from the internet- I can send you the links if you pm me- Good Luck!
Workangel_24
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 571
Size:  98.5 KBAttachment 564494564496

HiThese are the books you need to get. You can get the full a level textbook in the picture instead of the as one as it has the content for both as and a level. So if you're buying the a level one there's no need to get the as. The cgp revision guide also contain as and a level material. You need to get the latest 2015 ones because of the new spec. If you search on google A Level Biology AQA Complete Revision and Practice it will come up and the original price is £20 but you can find cheaper ones as well. Good luck.

P.S here's a link to a thread full of bio resources

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3845551
Attached files
Lucofthewoods
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Workangel_24)

HiThese are the books you need to get. You can get the full a level textbook in the picture instead of the as one as it has the content for both as and a level. So if you're buying the a level one there's no need to get the as. The cgp revision guide also contain as and a level material. You need to get the latest 2015 ones because of the new spec. If you search on google A Level Biology AQA Complete Revision and Practice it will come up and the original price is £20 but you can find cheaper ones as well. Good luck.

can you show me the contents page of these books? (If you own them that is)- I want to see if the topics are things I'm interested in
AngelinaRaza
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Workangel_24)

Ive got them too; they're deffo the best
Amefish
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My class had the Oxford AQA AS Biology books (the new ones for the new specification) and we found a lot of the stuff in there was not actually in the new specification anymore - they've forgotten to take some stuff out. They are good for class work, but I wouldn't try using them to revise; they're too bulky.

The CGP books are the best for revision and make everything a lot easier to follow.
Workangel_24
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lucofthewoods)
can you show me the contents page of these books? (If you own them that is)- I want to see if the topics are things I'm interested in
I've got an electronic copy of it on Kerboodle because my school is subscribed to it. Tbh I rarely used the textbook as I found the cgp guide to be more useful but if you want to buy it you can. There's no difference in the contents. Every single topic on the spec is in this book and in much more detail.

Views: 737
Size:  496.9 KBAttachment 564638564640
Attached files
wolfslayer1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
HEY! Sorry for the capitals I just really wanted to draw your attention to this study guide because this could literally be one of the best things you buy for yourself. It is so helpful and detailed and if you buy the CGP revision guide in addition to their study guide (textbook) you will find yourself learning the information so much easier. I really can't recommend this book enough, I just bought mine for physics and it actually explains things I have never learnt before in such clarity it's just amazing.

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1469398484.870524.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  88.8 KB

New A-Level Biology for AQA: Year 1 & AS Student Book with Online Edition https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/17829431..._w2tLxbH04JSH0

(:

Posted from TSR Mobile
fefssdf
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Buy a psychology book instead and guarantee yourself a better grade
tashachelsea13
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
http://biologyaqaalevelnotes.blogspot.co.uk/
paepal
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
which links?
Sara.sr
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by SJ4444)
Please could someone recommend a good textbook/revision guide for AQA Biology. Thanks.
Cpg
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Akshar99
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I have an e-book for aqa a level biology
tell me if you want to buy it
Haroon_545
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I used learn biology net way better than the books
Akshar99
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
hey I sell all aqa/ocr/edexcel biology e-books PDF, pm me if you are interested or email me on [email protected]
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (757)
80.36%
Leave (185)
19.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise