Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning to do so, I've cut my hair aswell in some sort of layers however, I'm a bit tanned ..not sure if it will look good with my facial complexion

Anyone went from blonde to brunette or the other way around? Were you satisfied with the result?

ReputationRep:
    i went from blonde and dyed it brown and didnt really like it, it made me look paler than i am, but if youre tanned it might look better, plus the dye wasnt really very good it went too dark and i had to wait for it to fade to get it put back blonde properly

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, I wish there was some dye you could wash out immediately, that would make it a lot easier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sundous)
    Hmmm, I wish there was some dye you could wash out immediately, that would make it a lot easier
    Well why don't you get some of that semi-permenat colour that last around 8 washes and then see if you liek it or not! (Don't bother witht eh wash in wash out cos they dont change ur hair at all!_

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucy2306)
    Well why don't you get some of that semi-permenat colour that last around 8 washes and then see if you liek it or not! (Don't bother witht eh wash in wash out cos they dont change ur hair at all!_

tried that, but it didn't change it as well! Just like that other one you've mentioned....annoying

ReputationRep:
    I went from blond to brown and then to black. It looked really good and i dont want to go back to being blond now. It has stayed dark for about 4 years now cos i love it so much :p:

ReputationRep:
    i've got blondey browny hair and i've used semi permanent hair dye twice to get my hair a really dark brown. the first time i just looked exactly the same but with dark brown hair lol, i mean it didn't look weird or better. the second time it looked a bit more natural i think, don't know why. i think it would suit you if you're a lil bit tanned. but as for permanent hair dye, i don't know much.

ReputationRep:
    I went from blonde to dark brown on Friday and I actually found i looked more tanned than I did before as blonde hair can wash you out a bit . Go for it, i've found it brings out your features more and I think it would suit your colouring. If you dont like it you can always go back blonde!

I fancied going from brown to blonde, I only had highlights but I like the result.

Just get it done by a decent hairdresser who will be able to advise you about the best tone etc..

ReputationRep:
    I've been tempted for ages to go brown. I currently have blonde highlights with a few brown thrown in, so I'm blonde overall. I'm quite pale which has put me off, and don't want to look too ghostly without makeup or a tan so I'm still blonde. I think with your complexion it could look really nice. Dark hair, particularly if it's dyed, always looks healthier and you seem to be able to wash it less often because greasiness doesn't show as much as it does with blonde hair! I'm just not brave enough to do it in case I hate it and can't get my hair colour back to how it is easily.

ReputationRep:
    O dear! I don't have extremely blond hair, it's more lightbrownish/blonde, how come it became auburn/red then? Does all brown dye have that?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.