Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If one of my family members has taken a student loan and failed Uni course twice, would this influence the chances of me successfully applying for a student loan?

I am planning to apply the next autumn for the first time.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all, if from the Student Loans Company you mean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by migh_and_highty)
    Not at all, if from the Student Loans Company you mean
    I meant tuition loan from the government and maintenance loan for living costs, if possible.

ReputationRep:
    You would be eligible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black and mellow)
    If one of my family members has taken a student loan and failed Uni course twice, would this influence the chances of me successfully applying for a student loan?

nope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black and mellow)

nope

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, i misread what you wrote at the beginning. It doesn't matter if your family member applied for tuition fee loan or studied at uni.

Everyone is judged independently for their fee loan and so you won't be affect and you will receive your full funding plus loan . I'm assuming you are going to start uni

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.