Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

Most effective approach for finding a job (post A-Levels) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    To this day I haven't had a job and based on last years' summer break, if I don't find one soon I'm going to be fairly bored. I've tried searching for similar discussions on here however was unable to find any.

I've searched various websites, (e.g. Universal Jobmatch), however many jobs that shown up would be unsuitable (such as shop manager). I still haven't found anything suitable as they either are not on the sites that I'm searching on or are just hidden behind the heaps of unsuitable jobs. What I'm here to ask is as to what the most effective approach for finding a job is? I'm currently on summer break and am starting University in October. Should I continue searching through websites in hopes to find something applicable? Should I go into physical shops/businesses and ask if there are any vacancies and hand over a CV with contact details?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried indeed? There are lots of retail vacancies on there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    Have you tried indeed? There are lots of retail vacancies on there!
    Good suggestion. On it now & found a few!

ReputationRep:
    Indeed and Monster are good. If you create a really good CV, you could also go into shops / cafes / restaurants etc. to give them out. Also check on individual company websites or social media pages (especially Twitter / Facebook) as lots of companies recruit that way.

Unfortunately it does take time, but keep going!

Good luck!

Poll
Still A Remainer Or A Brexiteer?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.