Turn on thread page Beta

What are AAA-AAB economics unis? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If go to a moderate uni after I complete my degree will I be able to do a masters at a better uni?
    The challenge is not getting offers. If you study econ at an AAA-AAB uni and are predicted a 2:1 or are at an ABB-BBB uni and are predicted a 1st I would expect you to get offers from Top 5 unis such as warwick. The constraint on applicants are financial not academic. And I know Warwick has a target intake of about 100 and ends up with about 80-90.

Issue is how well you do once you get there. The material taught at undergraduate varies as you go down the table and is no longer a good preparation for msc.

What are the AAA-AAB universities that this passage points to?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by longshanksbow)
    If go to a moderate uni after I complete my degree will I be able to do a masters at a better uni?
    The challenge is not getting offers. If you study econ at an AAA-AAB uni and are predicted a 2:1 or are at an ABB-BBB uni and are predicted a 1st I would expect you to get offers from Top 5 unis such as warwick. The constraint on applicants are financial not academic. And I know Warwick has a target intake of about 100 and ends up with about 80-90.

Issue is how well you do once you get there. The material taught at undergraduate varies as you go down the table and is no longer a good preparation for msc.

What are the AAA-AAB universities that this passage points to?
    You can get a 1st at any university. And anyway you rarely need a 1st to do a Masters, even at Oxbridge. A 2:1 from a "moderate uni" will be just fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.