A-level resits 2017??

Watch this thread
meloj
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've just finished year 13 and I'm not expecting a good result in biology as I was poorly prepared for the exams. I'm exploring my options of retaking this qualification during a gap year. However, I'm on the AQA specification which has now switched to the newer spec so I was part of the last year of these exams. Does anybody know if AQA will be writing the A2 resit papers as the subject has now finished?

Also, I'm not sure how resits in 'year 14' work. Would I be able to carry through my coursework components with the resit grades?

Thanks in advance.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by meloj)
I've just finished year 13 and I'm not expecting a good result in biology as I was poorly prepared for the exams. I'm exploring my options of retaking this qualification during a gap year. However, I'm on the AQA specification which has now switched to the newer spec so I was part of the last year of these exams. Does anybody know if AQA will be writing the A2 resit papers as the subject has now finished?

Also, I'm not sure how resits in 'year 14' work. Would I be able to carry through my coursework components with the resit grades?

Thanks in advance.
All examiners are offering resits for all subjects that have been replaced with new specifications. You will be able to carry forward the results of any units including practical/coursework units and just sit the specific unit exams you need to improve. If you need to do it, ask about entering for them as a private candidate at your existing school/college. As there will be no students taking the exams for the first time, it may be harder than usual to find a centre to take them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
FlowaPowa
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Does anyone know if the resits for old spec in 2017 will just be allowed for A2 units or AS as well?
username1539513
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by FlowaPowa)
Does anyone know if the resits for old spec in 2017 will just be allowed for A2 units or AS as well?
You can resit whatever you want I believe
gdunne42
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by FlowaPowa)
All units will be set by the examiners. Finding somewhere willing to accept you for them as a private candidate may take a bit of work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (124)
66.67%
No (40)
21.51%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.83%

Watched Threads