Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished year 13 and I'm not expecting a good result in biology as I was poorly prepared for the exams. I'm exploring my options of retaking this qualification during a gap year. However, I'm on the AQA specification which has now switched to the newer spec so I was part of the last year of these exams. Does anybody know if AQA will be writing the A2 resit papers as the subject has now finished?

Also, I'm not sure how resits in 'year 14' work. Would I be able to carry through my coursework components with the resit grades?

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meloj)
    I've just finished year 13 and I'm not expecting a good result in biology as I was poorly prepared for the exams. I'm exploring my options of retaking this qualification during a gap year. However, I'm on the AQA specification which has now switched to the newer spec so I was part of the last year of these exams. Does anybody know if AQA will be writing the A2 resit papers as the subject has now finished?

Also, I'm not sure how resits in 'year 14' work. Would I be able to carry through my coursework components with the resit grades?

Thanks in advance.
    All examiners are offering resits for all subjects that have been replaced with new specifications. You will be able to carry forward the results of any units including practical/coursework units and just sit the specific unit exams you need to improve. If you need to do it, ask about entering for them as a private candidate at your existing school/college. As there will be no students taking the exams for the first time, it may be harder than usual to find a centre to take them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if the resits for old spec in 2017 will just be allowed for A2 units or AS as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlowaPowa)
    Does anyone know if the resits for old spec in 2017 will just be allowed for A2 units or AS as well?
    You can resit whatever you want I believe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlowaPowa)
    All units will be set by the examiners. Finding somewhere willing to accept you for them as a private candidate may take a bit of work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.