Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If like me, you fell foul of the 'n—a_Á—ay±m***********Çá —±Çá§*****ÁÇ á+NÇ áLáÇá' scam for MSN messenger, here is a fix for it, in case you missed the closed thread.

http://ahfx.us/files/MSN%20DC%20Fix/MSN%20DC%20Fix.zip

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for posting.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers dude! Why does it disconnect ur msn?

ReputationRep:
    How comes everyone's screen names have gone back in time? =S

ReputationRep:
    If this doesn't work, go to C:\Documents and Settings\Your name\Application Data\MSN Messenger and delete everything that's in there

ReputationRep:
    Which absolute moron decided to post this in the first place?

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't work for me -i get "run-time error '76': path not found". Any other ways to fix it please?

ReputationRep:
    Do as playstation guy says above - if it doesn't work....

Hope everyones fixed now, what an absolute idiot that guy was :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i saw thw OP - what did it do to MSN?

I am glad i dont sue the MS version of MSN Client otherwise i woulda done it.

Cant trust nobody these days, lol

ReputationRep:
    It was this idiot who set it off in the first place. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It worked for me. phew.

ReputationRep:
    I knew it was going to be dodgy.
    I was waiting to see what other people posted in reply to the OP, before I tried it. Good job too.
    What a ****.
    Nice move, posting this fix thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    i saw thw OP - what did it do to MSN?

I am glad i dont sue the MS version of MSN Client otherwise i woulda done it.

Cant trust nobody these days, lol
    It just signed you out and wouldn't let you sign back in again.

Fingers crossed it wasn't sending stuff to all my contacts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bexiness!)
    It was this idiot who set it off in the first place. :rolleyes:
    Lol, named and shamed!:own3d:

You can tell he's a prick just from the orientation section of his profile.
    "Normal, PC brigade bite me".:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomber)
    If like me, you fell foul of the 'n—a_Á—ay±m***********Çá —±Çá§*****ÁÇ á+NÇ áLáÇá' scam for MSN messenger, here is a fix for it, in case you missed the closed thread.

http://ahfx.us/files/MSN%20DC%20Fix/MSN%20DC%20Fix.zip
    how do we know this fix isnt another hoax. when i can rep again i feel like neg repping the dipstick who put the original thing up though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlaystationStudies)
    If this doesn't work, go to C:\Documents and Settings\Your name\Application Data\MSN Messenger and delete everything that's in there
    It keeps telling me the path is wrong. What am I doing wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK89)
    how do we know this fix isnt another hoax. when i can rep again i feel like neg repping the dipstick who put the original thing up though!
    I was just negging him, and then it said i didn't have the correct priviledges to view the page [in other words, it had already been moved to the 'bad threads' section] so i never repped him. :mad: Maybe when he's back from his ban. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bexiness!)
    I was just negging him, and then it said i didn't have the correct priviledges to view the page [in other words, it had already been moved to the 'bad threads' section] so i never repped him. :mad: Maybe when he's back from his ban. :p:
    lol, I feel this guys neg rep is going to rival MrsMann if he gets unbanned at all ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK89)
    I thought the fix tool looked like a hoax too (the webpage it was created from has things to do with hacking) but ive used it and it has fixed the problem and nothing more. I am going to reset my password now though, just incase.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DonneJohn)
    I thought the fix tool looked like a hoax too (the webpage it was created from has things to do with hacking) but ive used it and it has fixed the problem and nothing more. I am going to reset my password now though, just incase.
    I was just kidding around, the fix works perfectly asides the regression of ppls screennames.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.