Long island, New york Watch

Truman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Has anyone been there? Anyone want to share their experiences or reccomend things to do?

Im going to stay there with some relatives in August. Will be staying in Hicksville Long Island which despite its name is apparently quite a nice place, if not a little boring.

Im hoping to go into new york a few times, is this hard? ive heard its a 1-2hour train/rail journey.

Thanks.
Bismarck
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I knew someone who stayed at a hotel there. He didn't seem too fond of it. I'm sure it's not crime-ridden or anything, but as you say, there's not much to do. As I recall, it was about 2 hours away by train from Manhattan. The problem my friend had was that he wasn't near any train station. So it might be 2 hours by train, but you have to get to that train first. Assuming you will live closer to the train station or know someone who could give you a short lift, it shouldn't be a problem. The trains are pleasant enough if you don't travel during peak times.
dcarsten
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Truman)
Has anyone been there? Anyone want to share their experiences or reccomend things to do?

Im going to stay there with some relatives in August. Will be staying in Hicksville Long Island which despite its name is apparently quite a nice place, if not a little boring.

Im hoping to go into new york a few times, is this hard? ive heard its a 1-2hour train/rail journey.

Thanks.
Ha, this is my hometown...Hicksville NY. One of the easiest places to get to Manhattan from..just hop on the LIRR. Obviously from the age of the first post this is an old thread but I had to comment. And its not nearly 2 hours to Manhattan by train....more like 25 or 30 minutes

You're coming to Hicksville in August then I'm coming to London in September to go to UCL.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (349)
45.68%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (235)
30.76%
I don't have an opinion (180)
23.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise