Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The subjects I have picked to do at A level are politics, chemistry, biology and maths. However, because I have picked to do politics, I have to do Biology at another school.
    I went to this other school for my induction lesson, and it was awful! The teacher wasn't very nice, and the exam board they use is different from what my school used at GCSE, do alot of the content in my summer induction assignment is very different.
    But, I can drop politics and do biology at my school, but I was really looking forward to doing politics
    But, I want to go into medicine when I am older, and so I need biology.

What do you guys think I should do? Drop politics, or stick it out with biology with the awful teacher and bad exam board...

ReputationRep:
    I would advise you to do Biology. But 34908seikj would advise you to do politics
    tbh if you want to study medicine, biology is much more important

ReputationRep:
    For Medicine, Biology (and Chemistry) will be almost essential, and will matter a lot more than politics. I would definitely advise you to do Biology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    I would advise you to do Biology. But 34908seikj would advise you to do politics
    Thank you The thing is, block B has politics and biology at my school, and block D has bioligy at the other school. So everything clashes, but I could do something like psychology in block D and then biology at my school in block B (if that makes sense!)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    Do Biology. It is really important for studying Medicine at university. I had a huge mix up with my teachers for my AS year, I had a great teacher and a not so great teacher - the great teacher left and then I was left with a temporary apathetic teacher and my other one. This caused serious mix ups and the AS groups were very disorganised - getting Ds as the highest marks in mock papers.

In the end I realised it doesn't really matter about your teachers or a differing exam board. If you are dedicated to your subject you will put in the extra work to improve your grade and your understanding. I went from a U mock grade to an A mock grade in a couple of months. As long as you work hard and get your head down you will be fine - just be sure to not mess around and to take matters into your own hands if you feel you are not being taught properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amefish)
    Do Biology. It is really important for studying Medicine at university. I had a huge mix up with my teachers for my AS year, I had a great teacher and a not so great teacher - the great teacher left and then I was left with a temporary apathetic teacher and my other one. This caused serious mix ups and the AS groups were very disorganised - getting Ds as the highest marks in mock papers.

In the end I realised it doesn't really matter about your teachers or a differing exam board. If you are dedicated to your subject you will put in the extra work to improve your grade and your understanding. I went from a U mock grade to an A mock grade in a couple of months. As long as you work hard and get your head down you will be fine - just be sure to not mess around and to take matters into your own hands if you feel you are not being taught properly.
    Thank you So the best thing to do would be to stay at my own school for biology! As much as I like politics, I can look into that in my spare time, i don't really need an A level in it to say that I understand it!!

Hope all goes well with whatever you want to do in the future!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    Why am I getting a notification for this now? da ***.

Drop politics and do Biology, its way more respected than Politics, and will open more doors for you. I assume you want to go into STEM considering you took chemistry, bio and maths...

Edit: You want to go into medicine, yeah politics isn't going to help much. I think it'll be better if you had a not-**** Biology teacher.

Spoiler:
    Show
    ***** I don't do politics, I'm doing government and politics. It's way cooler; I don't know why, but it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    Why am I getting a notification for this now? da ***.

Drop politics and do Biology, its way more respected than Politics, and will open more doors for you. I assume you want to go into STEM considering you took chemistry, bio and maths...

Edit: You want to go into medicine, yeah politics isn't going to help much. I think it'll be better if you had a not-**** Biology teacher.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ***** I don't do politics, I'm doing government and politics. It's way cooler; I don't know why, but it is.
    Aha sorry about the notifications!! And yeah it is Government and politics at my school anyway. I think I will drop politics and do biology at my school instead! I'd quite like to do forensics.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.