Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi has anyone done this course, if so how did you find it and what would study materials, lap tops, software, books/literature would be beneficial to me? I'm new to uni life starting full time in September and as I'm currently working full time so I'm trying to get what I need now ready.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Don't worry about study materials. You will get access to it all at uni. A good working laptop is very useful. You don't need something high tech.

ReputationRep:
    Hi thanks for the reply..... Ive bought a MacBook Air.... Special offer etc....

Is there any software I should get?

I've seen Microsoft project? Does the course use this?

Plus is it a good idea to get the Microsoft pack? Word, PowerPoint, excel or can I use the Mac stuff that's come on the MacBook....

I just want to future proof myself, not get used to one thing and then in the course or employment they use something else?

I have an open day in August 20th but I just want to get myself ready as I'm earning good money at the moment, this is going to drop once I start uni massively

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I'm not sure what microsoft project is and if it's required you most likely will find out soon enough and will probably get a discount if you get it through the uni. The microsoft pack is always a good bet either way.

ReputationRep:
    Your university might supply some software for free. I get Microsoft Office, Mathematica and an anti-virus free of charge. This is something you could ask about at the open day. I certainly wouldn't bother buying any software before you start, as you may just be wasting your money.

ReputationRep:
    Ok cheers for replys - I'll wait til I know more - thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.