Turn on thread page Beta

At what age did you lose it? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    A little hypocritical don't you think? You should realise that being a newbie is nothing to hold against somebody or make such a remark about, he was merely pissing about. Anyway, as i asked before - who are you?
    Well when you are 'merely pissing about' I don't actually think you are ment to offend people in the doing so.

I'm custard, 14 year old female from greater manchester.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    check out tis_me_lord, he is a newbie

(Original post by Custard)
    Well when you are 'merely pissing about' I don't actually think you are ment to offend people in the doing so.

I'm custard, 14 year old female from greater manchester.
    You're easily offended then, i see, you missed that out in your description. Relax, he didn't intend any offense. Maybe he failed to consider that you had recently done stressful SAT's.

I'm a big 16 year old, rah, and yes as sublime_envy pointed out; i'm a newbie.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    hes also a rebel without a cause *cue guns and roses music*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sublime_envy)
    check out tis_me_lord, he is a newbie
    Hey, i have nothing against newbies when they don't go shouting about offending people, i just think that if you are a newbie you should just get your head down and get yourself noticed by making comments of value and treating everyone equal, if the nerd would have not said anything about my age, i wouldn't have commented on the newbie thing.

ReputationRep:
    Hardly, with as many posts as that

hes also a rebel without a cause *cue guns and roses music*
    I am? *Starts puzzle* Hmmm, i do like Sweet Child O' Mine.....

ReputationRep:
    You're easily offended then, i see, you missed that out in your description. Relax, he didn't intend any offense. Maybe he failed to consider that you had recently done stressful SAT's.

I hate been prosecuted because of my age, hey its not my fault my mum had sex after yours is it?
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    thanks now I have that song stuck in my head.

I have offended people for being scottish and supposedly a nationalist.....Im not even scottish

(Original post by Edders)
    Hardly, with as many posts as that
    lol, A fair point, though my join date would disagree (I did join in very early June though, the 3rd, to be fair) - When you're about to overtake a moderator on posts you know you're no longer much of a newbie though.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    lol, A fair point, though my join date would disagree (I did join in very early June though, the 3rd, to be fair) - When you're about to overtake a moderator on posts you know you're no longer much of a newbie though.
    yes but maybe he sits back and is all wise and thoughtful while secretly spying on us all!

ReputationRep:
    I tend to think that is the way newbies act that makes them a newbie. If that makes sense? does it make sense? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't post much anymore. I used to have proper conversations on here; now I just make the odd comment here and there. You're not a newbie though: I'm sure you spent enough time on here to be thoroughly familiar with the site.

I hate been prosecuted because of my age, hey its not my fault my mum had sex after yours is it?
    No, but this unwanted mental image is your fault. *Shudders*

thanks now I have that song stuck in my head.
    Nevermind, at least it's a good song stuck in your head, there's nothing worse then alking around singing Justin Timberlake and not knowing that you're doing it. :eek:
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I think it is a combination of post amount and time here, in which case I am a newbie! Thats ok though I like being unique and despised

ReputationRep:
    Grow up! you are just a simple newbie, realise age doesn't matter!
    *starts singing age aint nothing but a number*

ReputationRep:

Nevermind, at least it's a good song stuck in your head, there's nothing worse then alking around singing Justin Timberlake and not knowing that you're doing it. :eek:
    Sorry about the image
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team

oooo I would shag him.... sexy boy

ReputationRep:
    You are heir of piginapoke

He too is quite new but posts worryingly often.

(Original post by Edders)
    Well I don't post much anymore. I used to have proper conversations on here; now I just make the odd comment here and there. You're not a newbie though: I'm sure you spent enough time on here to be thoroughly familiar with the site.
    You should partake in some conversation more often, but only if you promise to tone down how pedantic you are when around me.

I do know the site very well, better then some people who have been around for many months more then me,when i' bored i just read the FAQ sometimes, to be sure. I think i have now established myself as a regular member, though this means that when the awards take place there's nothing i can win once again. (I was going to go for best newbie...) - Although the fact they're being held in November/December means i wouldn't have been a newbie anymore by then even if i was one now.

I tend to think that is the way newbies act that makes them a newbie. If that makes sense? does it make sense?
    I can be quoted numerous times stating something along the lines that newbies aren't determined by time on the forum or post count, i was being hypocritical to call myself a newbie actually.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.