Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Excellent summary of the state of UK politics right now watch

ReputationRep:
    http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/

I do urge you to read this, whatever your preferred columnist or paper is. Really interesting points about the relative predicament of Labour, the Blairites and the Tories, predicting that England may get itself a new political force and knock them right down, as happened with the SNP.

ReputationRep:
    Mrs May has said "Brexit is Brexit". surely Mr H understands what that means ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    Mrs May has said "Brexit is Brexit". surely Mr H understands what that means ?
    Well, it's not as specific as all that, and why not read it rather than prejudge it? (You may not be, but there are a lot on here that would just hate the source as default)

ReputationRep:
    I agreed with the point on trident and the state of the labour and conservative parties in general. We will see what happens but I think without PR it is unlikely though. Peter will occasionally say some very interesting things before ranting about how they should bring back the death penalty and how abortion is genocide...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    I agreed with the point on trident and the state of the labour and conservative parties in general. We will see what happens but I think without PR it is unlikely though. Peter will occasionally say some very interesting things before ranting about how they should bring back the death penalty and how abortion is genocide...
    Yes I know, but I don't care he does that. I'd rather have someone with any independence who can make me think than one of the multitude of people who shares some of my more liberal beliefs(the death penalty would be one) but on every other issues are propagandist apparatchiks who believe every single piece of established wisdom and current debate and ram it down my throat thus endlessly validating the paradigm we live in.

You feel me?

ReputationRep:
    Very interesting article.
    I found myself agreeing with a lot of it.

The problem with Hitchens though is that he defines himself by what he is against, rather than what he is actually for.
    It's very easy to criticise others if you don't admit what your own beliefs are to allow others to criticise them.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.