How to talk to girls on Tinder? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I get a few matches but whenever a conversation is started the girls I speak to will stop replying after a few messages, but it's hard to chat when they ask pretty standard questions like "How are you, What are you up to" etc.
ckfeister
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I get a few matches but whenever a conversation is started the girls I speak to will stop replying after a few messages, but it's hard to chat when they ask pretty standard questions like "How are you, What are you up to" etc.
Its small talk.
BuzzyBeee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Try and get to know them, ask about interests etc find some common ground so that if/when a time comes for you to meet you have material to talk about.

You could suggest giving 11 weird/random facts about yourself for each digit of each of your phone numbers - by facts I dont mean "I have blue eyes" I mean really interesting facts that make you different to the other guys on tinder etc.
JabaDaba12
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
'Wow, aren't you interesting, what's your race? Goblin?
Miss Scarlett
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why can't you answer ' What are you up to?' That's basic conversation! Just tell her something you're doing- may be a holiday you're going on or a hobby you do. Something so you sound like an interesting person who does things! They might not be attracted to you yet but at least you sound like a real person.
cats_and_music
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Tinder and many other online dating sites are so superficial. Even the nicest girls rely on looks when deciding whether to continue a conversation with you or not. So if a girl has replied, here's how to keep the convo going: have a sense of humour, make it so that she is trying to win your heart and not the other way around (without being cocky and cheesy), show that you are intelligent, you have a hobby and an ambition. Don't give her too many compliments, just tease her. Trust me she'll be interested and will talk to you day and night.
Miss Scarlett
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by cats_and_music)
Tinder and many other online dating sites are so superficial. Even the nicest girls rely on looks when deciding whether to continue a conversation with you or not. So if a girl has replied, here's how to keep the convo going: have a sense of humour, make it so that she is trying to win your heart and not the other way around (without being cocky and cheesy), show that you are intelligent, you have a hobby and an ambition. Don't give her too many compliments, just tease her. Trust me she'll be interested and will talk to you day and night.
It is a fair point- don't be overbearing and forever chasing the girl. Basically talk to her as if she is an interesting person and show her that you are an interesting person.
jamesthehustler
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by cats_and_music)
(Original post by Miss Scarlett)
It is a fair point- don't be overbearing and forever chasing the girl. Basically talk to her as if she is an interesting person and show her that you are an interesting person.
I agree with you both
and well I don't have a picture on my profile yet my bio along brings in a couple of messages a week
one you show you are working toward a big goal, are not part of the rat race and well one I mention the Rolexes that makes the conversation flow, OP
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (498)
59.71%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.16%
No- I want it (237)
28.42%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.71%

Watched Threads