Turn on thread page Beta

Help please...Coursework on T Totals watch

ReputationRep:
    Who has done the coursework about the T Shape and T Totals. I have just handed my coursework in. I really wanted to get an A but I got a B (teachers marking), I need to find a complex rule for transformation but I can't. Can anyone give me any clues please.

All help appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    T Shape? T Totals? Do you mean the t-distribution?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    It seems these people who do coursework think we all know exactly what we mean when they talk in code.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    It seems these people who do coursework think we all know exactly what we mean when they talk in code.
    Indeed :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuuta)
    Who has done the coursework about the T Shape and T Totals. I have just handed my coursework in. I really wanted to get an A but I got a B (teachers marking), I need to find a complex rule for transformation but I can't. Can anyone give me any clues please.

All help appreciated.
    Don't be so sure - I got an A on my coursework at GCSE after the UMS scores had been applied and I was told I was going to get a B.

Incidentally, most people won't know what you're on about with the T-totals coursework, its just a name for a piece of GCSE Maths coursework.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I could never understand T totals... :beer: :cheers:

It was a painfully bad joke, but it had to be made!

ReputationRep:
    Well, the real question of the coursework is:

Find the relationship between the T Totals and the T numbers

There must have been alot of people who have done this. Why do people try and act like it's something from another planet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuuta)

There must have been alot of people who have done this. Why do people try and act like it's something from another planet.
    You are completely wrong to say there are a lot of people on here who have done this. Most of the posters are not GCSE students - they are either doing A-levels or at university. They are not going to know the specific details of a piece of set course work, so they are not going to be able to help you unless you provide those details.

To put it more simply. We don't know what you mean by "T Total" or "T number". These are not standard mathematical definitions, so there is no way for us to know based only on your postings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuuta)

I think I did this coursework when I was at school. But bear in mind we're mainly A-level and university students and so we're not familiar with these courseworks. Personally I can't remember ANYTHING of what I did on it!

(I do seem to remember I did it for squares first, then I moved on to investigating T shapes on an nxn number grid. Even of what I remember, asking to find the relationship between the T Totals and the T Numbers is really too vague to begin to answer! But of course you could be talking about a different coursework, so ignore this if you think this is the case)

Please, EXPLAIN the coursework. If you don't you'll not get any help (I guarantee that)

ReputationRep:
    Because I am in an extension task, it will be hard to explain unless people have done it. The coursework I am doing is somewhat like what you did JohnSPals. We investigated the totals of a t shape on different sized grids. We had to find an "nth" term to allow us to find out any total.

Sorry for any inconvenience. Looks like I will go elsewhere to get some help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuuta)
    Because I am in an extension task, it will be hard to explain unless people have done it. The coursework I am doing is somewhat like what you did JohnSPals. We investigated the totals of a t shape on different sized grids. We had to find an "nth" term to allow us to find out any total.

i dun this coursework currently im in yr 11 i finished all ma exams so i dun the coursework last yr and i got A* for this particular piece wat i did was to enlarge the T-shape in porpotion but i dnt think there was a link so i said unfortunately i didnt see any link between the enlargement and the T shape i hope it helps if it dnt pm me i will try to help more

gd luck its 1 of those annoying 1s i didnt get wat we had to do for like 3-4 weeks afta the teacher gave us the coursework
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Yuuta)

Huh? If your teacher once explained it to you, then you can explain it to us. But if you want to go elsewhere, you're free to do so. I'll gladly stop waiting for you to give a decent reply.

ReputationRep:
    oh, i remember this coursework but don't have it. Do you have CGP MATHS revision guide. if you do, fing the page on sequences and the formula where it says something like a + (n-1)d. on this page there is also a very complex formula, and you can use this. i remeber using it, and it gained me A* / Level 8.

ReputationRep:
    A more complex transformation would be something like rotation and translation at the same time. eg rotate 180 degrees and shift one square right

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I did this one too. It took me 18 pages of garbled algebra, number girds and an appendix to get full marks. A complete waste of time if you ask me
    Rotations are the way to go, also if you haven't done already, a general rule for any grid size helps.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for the late reply. I did the general rule which would enable me to find out the formula for any sized grid. Tomorrow is the final deadline, if I don't hand it in, then I get 0,0,0.

I appreciate everyones help.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Yuuta)
    Sorry for the late reply. I did the general rule which would enable me to find out the formula for any sized grid. Tomorrow is the final deadline, if I don't hand it in, then I get 0,0,0.

Then you'd better help someone who's done the coursework before is willing to help, because you still haven't bothered to tell the rest of us (the vast majority of us) what it actually involves. So as much as most of us would love to help, we couldn't if we tried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuuta)

Try rotations...

In all fairness, you have left it untill the night before and sympathy on here may be a tad scarce.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by zrancis)
    In all fairness, you have left it untill the night before and sympathy on here may be a tad scarce.
    True, but two entirely unrelated statements. This post, from over a week ago, is why I show no sympathy:
    (Original post by Yuuta)
    Looks like I will go elsewhere to get some help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    True, but two entirely unrelated statements. This post, from over a week ago, is why I show no sympathy:
    It's not even that that irritates me - it's the complete refusal to put the effort in to explain what the coursework actually involves.

In point of fact, it's not hard to do a google search and get an idea what the coursework probably is. But without the background details, even if I wanted to provide a solution, the chances are that anything I'd suggest would be instantly flagged as "You got someone to do this for you, didn't you?".

Given the OP's attitude, I will admit to being almost evil enough to do it on purpose (i.e. provide a completely correct solution that obviously isn't the work of a GCSE student). But I'm not quite that evil, really...

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Equations

Best calculators for A level Maths

Tips on which model to get

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.