The Student Room Group

*Breaking* Migrant kills woman in southern Germany

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Lord Samosa
No

I just think you're a piece of **** racist who uses innocent deaths as a way to push your political agenda

Is being racist a bad thing?
Is it against the law?
Just checking
Original post by richpanda
That is understandable. People attacking OP, he has the right to say he prefers whoever to still be alive.

Thank you.

There is a lot of virtue signalling on this thread. People say that "all lives are equal", yet then they admit that they prefer the lives of their family members above that of random people, essentially meaning that all lives are not equal.
Original post by swervybang
It doesn't matter whether the victim was a German or a foreigner. If you think it does, you are xenophobic.

It may not matter in a moral sense, but it does matter in a political one.

If this poor (pregnant?) woman was another asylum seeker, (which seems likely), it will be deplored, but of minimal impact politically.

If she was a German, coming after the Munich attack, (by the Muslim son of a couple granted asylum) this will really create a political storm.

That is just how these things work.

I am not saying it is right, but it IS how it is.

EDIT: Reports are now coming in that the woman was his wife. (And the unborn child presumably his?).

In which case this is a minor news story.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by oShahpo
That's rich, coming from a panda.

I am endangered species you cis white male scum
Original post by IYGB
Is being racist a bad thing?
Is it against the law?
Just checking

No because hur dur "freedom of speech" for the people who lack brain cells and never leave their bedroom
Original post by generallee

If this poor (pregnant?) woman was another asylum seeker, (which seems likely), it will be deplored, but of minimal impact politically.

If she was a German, coming after the Munich attack, (by the Muslim son of a couple granted asylum) this will really create a political storm.

EDIT: Reports are now coming in that the woman was his wife. (And the unborn child presumably his?).

Exactly! People here don't like hearing the facts of reality and life, they prefer to live in their own perfect little world.
Original post by Twinpeaks
Yes, non-German vs German. That in no way is analogous to a stranger vs a loved one. There's no rational reason as to why you should care more about a German stranger than a non-German stranger. There's a perfectly understandable reason as to why you should care more about a loved one than a stranger.

I don't even know why I'm bothering.

Not to mention that a love one can be of any race. If The_Opinion had a foreign wife, would he rather she died than a native German person?
Original post by The_Opinion
Thank you.

There is a lot of virtue signalling on this thread. People say that "all lives are equal", yet then they admit that they prefer the lives of their family members above that of random people, essentially meaning that all lives are not equal.

That's a stupid thing to say. It's like going to a selective university like Cambridge and saying "Oh, Cambridge, you say you put your applicants on equal footing yet you rejected me and accepted someone else".
Equality is not in the sense that everyone is loved and treated equally and given the same privileges, but that the starting position and the treatment of a person should not depend on his race, ethnicity or background.

When someone favours saving their girlfriend over someone else, they're not breaking the equality morality because they're not basing their decision on the race or background of either persons, rather on the amount of love they have for their girlfriends, which in itself depends on the relationship held between the two, not the backgrounds of either.
Favouring a German life to a non-German one is against equality because your sole argument is based on the backgrounds of either people on the balance, hence the inequality and vileness of it.
Not going to answer my question OP? There's a surprise.
I came to see updates on an attack.

I walked in on a car crash.

I wonder when the debris stops moving?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by generallee

The only person speaking sense.

It's tragically sad either way but the death means more if she was German. Not that it's sadder or any less disgusting but that it would mean more in terms of the criticisms that Merkel faced for her open door policy. It's still a human life and the man is still a human dirtbag at the end of the day... But it's a different situation.
Original post by PrincessBO$$
OMG do we not deserve a break? This is terrible, the world has become a terrible place to live.

No offense, but when was it a good place to live?
I fully support the OP's comments
Original post by okey
ok

Get out of ear!
Original post by ODES_PDES
I fully support the OP's comments

Not that you have to defend your views, but would you care to explain why you think it would be better if the victim was also a refugee, not a native German? I share some of your views and I wouldn't want to think of you as racist.
Original post by oShahpo
Not that you have to defend your views, but would you care to explain why you think it would be better if the victim was also a refugee, not a native German? I share some of your views and I wouldn't want to think of you as racist.

You don't even know the meaning of the word.
If only some people could have foreseen these tragedies.. oh wait so many did and were called racist gjge

"Refugees welcome"
Original post by TercioOfParma
Something needs to change and fast, I don't wish for me or any of my family to be next.

They invited people from violent third world countries to live alongside us. We are all part of the experiment / lottery now
Original post by NickLCFC
This is third act of violence against civilians in Germany in 10 days:

1) On July 18, a 17-year-old Afghani youth who had sought asylum in Germany was shot dead by police after wounding four people from Hong Kong, some of them severely, with an axe on a train. A local resident near the city of Wuerzburg was also attacked and injured.

2) On Friday, an 18-year-old Iranian-German who was obsessed with mass killings shot dead nine people in Munich before turning his gun on himself as police approached.

3) Today (this incident), a 21-year old Syrian refugee killed a woman with a machete and injured two other people. He has been arrested by police.

Germans are violent peoples
Original post by The_Opinion
You don't even know the meaning of the word.

While "racist" is not perfectly suitable for my use here, it's the best available word. Bigoted refers to views held, which is not my point, and xenophobic refers to fear of outsiders, which is also not what I am after.
I am using racist to mean valuing the lives of people from a certain country more than those from other places, had I known a different, more suitable word I would have used it.

Quick Reply