Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I am currently revising for my LNAT exam and was wondering which textbooks would anybody recommend for revision purchases? I have taken a look at several on Amazon, but almost all of them have mixed reviews and may be unrepresentative of the real LNAT exam, particularly when it comes to the difficult of the multi-choice section.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Azza.G)
    Hello,
    I am currently revising for my LNAT exam and was wondering which textbooks would anybody recommend for revision purchases? I have taken a look at several on Amazon, but almost all of them have mixed reviews and may be unrepresentative of the real LNAT exam, particularly when it comes to the difficult of the multi-choice section.
    Any recommendations Gingerbread101?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    Hello,
    (Original post by Black Rose)
    Any recommendations Gingerbread101?
    Thanks for the quote!

I did my LNAT in December and got 31/42 (average score was 23.3), and the only advice I took was from the LNAT practice website and a chapter of Glanville Williams' 'Learning the Law' (a highly recommended book). In this book it also said that buying an LNAT textbook will not give you some kind of magical technique or brain wave of how to complete the questions. You should answer the essay as you would any essay (what subjects do you do?), and use logic for the multiple choice if you run out of practice papers, the AQA A AS General Studies Section A papers are very similar

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for your suggestions! I will certainly look into your book recommendations. As for my A-Level subjects, I currently study English Lit, Maths, History, and Geography.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    Thank you very much for your suggestions! I will certainly look into your book recommendations. As for my A-Level subjects, I currently study English Lit, Maths, History, and Geography.
    You'll be capable at the essay because of Lit and History

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.