What are you passionate about? Watch

Rather_Cynical
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
It doesn't really matter what it's about - whether it's the historical and geographical reasons for why Europeans conquered the Americas rather than the other way around, or theoretical physics that attempts to unify all forces, or solar energy being the best thing since sliced bread. Tell us why you're so passionate about well, what you're passionate about.
WhimsicalSloth
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oof, that's a good question. Music is a huge part of my life, although I'm guessing that a fair few people on here realise this by now. But I cannot go a day without it to be honest. It brings me so much creative inspiration, relaxes me and makes me feel so much better during times of stress and depression. I absolutely love finding new music which is able to give me chills or bring tears to my eyes, regardless of the genre.

History is also a huge passion of mine, although I cannot fully pinpoint why I'm drawn to it. There might be a romantic element to it I guess- I love for example, imagining what people of bygone days were like, and what they looked like, and what they thought during a particular event. European history fascinates me especially as it is full of interesting characters and tricky 'what if' questions. I love to theorise and imagine certain aspects of it, and it never seems to become boring.
1secondsofvamps
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Definitely music. I listen to music all the time; when I'm bored or stressed etc.
it's something that bought my friends and I closer, I have also made friends because of music. It's such a fun and creative way to express the way you feel and what you want to say. My passion for music is what made me enjoy singing and playing instruments.
ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Dancing and music. when you look at me, that's not the image you'll see but that's what i really enjoy. i play music when im bored, it filters out all the possible nonsense i get from the lower school when i go on the bus to school. i play it when im painting. music makes me belong to a large community of other common listeners. music brings me dance. dance is a form of exercise which is great for me because im lazy af but still wants that satisfaction of being fit. dance allows me to join competition to potentially win some thing. dance gives me a hobby, something to look forward to in my boring ass life.

ooh im guess im the third person to say music lol, what a great variety of answers :rofl: but other than music i think i will say dermatology... a bit random but it started off as a little research as why i have acne and how to get rid of it. it was such a dark period of my teens - suffering from acne. i then did loads of research on good skin products and what chemicals i should avoid, i then moved on to caring for my hair since im growing it out now instead of having a buzz cut. i know quite a few things on how to care for these things...well for my skin and hair anyways cos everyone's is different
PHD2027
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
renewable energy, trees, organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, green chemistry, the environment, the survival of other species, the search for knowledge.
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Two biggest main things I am passionate about in my life are animal rights and mental health awareness.
FailedMyMocks
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Poker
Running
Maths (Sort Of)
Playstation
Football
TV Shows

I love learning, watching and reading about all of the above.
FailedMyMocks
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ihatePE)
Dancing and music. when you look at me, that's not the image you'll see but that's what i really enjoy. i play music when im bored, it filters out all the possible nonsense i get from the lower school when i go on the bus to school. i play it when im painting. music makes me belong to a large community of other common listeners. music brings me dance. dance is a form of exercise which is great for me because im lazy af but still wants that satisfaction of being fit. dance allows me to join competition to potentially win some thing. dance gives me a hobby, something to look forward to in my boring ass life.

ooh im guess im the third person to say music lol, what a great variety of answers :rofl: but other than music i think i will say dermatology... a bit random but it started off as a little research as why i have acne and how to get rid of it. it was such a dark period of my teens - suffering from acne. i then did loads of research on good skin products and what chemicals i should avoid, i then moved on to caring for my hair since im growing it out now instead of having a buzz cut. i know quite a few things on how to care for these things...well for my skin and hair anyways cos everyone's is different
Your acne couldn't have been as bad as mine! I had to go on accutane!
Imperion
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ancient Rome I also quite like my music. Economics and maths are quite large as well. And well anime and manga :teehee:
username1467365
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by WhimsicalSloth)
Oof, that's a good question. Music is a huge part of my life, although I'm guessing that a fair few people on here realise this by now. But I cannot go a day without it to be honest. It brings me so much creative inspiration, relaxes me and makes me feel so much better during times of stress and depression. I absolutely love finding new music which is able to give me chills or bring tears to my eyes, regardless of the genre.

History is also a huge passion of mine, although I cannot fully pinpoint why I'm drawn to it. There might be a romantic element to it I guess- I love for example, imagining what people of bygone days were like, and what they looked like, and what they thought during a particular event. European history fascinates me especially as it is full of interesting characters and tricky 'what if' questions. I love to theorise and imagine certain aspects of it, and it never seems to become boring.
I'm the same - but you know that Although I'm not quite the same on the regardless of the genre part Rap = NO :lol:

I apologise for not replying to your PM I've just been a bit busier as of late and probably will be for a while now...but I would still like to have a general conversation with you I will PM sometime and aim to actually reply this time

I have an album for you to listen to by the way I listened to it for the first time only yesterday and it sounded great. Superb musicianship. What'd you think of those other albums by the way?

"Forever Changes" by Love

http://www.allmusic.com/album/foreve...s-mw0000193671
ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by FailedMyMocks)
Your acne couldn't have been as bad as mine! I had to go on accutane!
i went on topical gel and then peroxide over the counter :s ive never been on acutane so i dont know if thats the same or not, but i did cry about acne a few times so it was a bit bad
Allie4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Film, food, family lol

also relaxation, self-improvement and (don't laugh) cleaning/organising thanks to my OCD

I also like to learn about everything and anything, even information that some people might consider to be 'pointless'. think about that episode of Friends when Ross was trying (and failing) to chat up the pizza-delivery girl. At one point he started talking about gas and how they add the smell to it lol and later Phoebe went up to him and asked him about what other things they added smell to. Thats totally me, I'm the type who'd go up to the person willing to educate and ask them to tell me everything they know lol. i don't find any information 'pointless', some day it might come in useful, you never know.
SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have no idea

Im still searching
Platopus
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rather_Cynical)
It doesn't really matter what it's about - whether it's the historical and geographical reasons for why Europeans conquered the Americas rather than the other way around, or theoretical physics that attempts to unify all forces, or solar energy being the best thing since sliced bread. Tell us why you're so passionate about well, what you're passionate about.
Food
Aristotle's' Disciple
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Strength, 'being the best version of yourself' whatever that means, for me it's mainly making the most of whatever I do and trying not to half ass anything. climbing, quake, academia, entrepreneurship and innovation too.
Rather_Cynical
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Platopus)
Food
That's definitely something I can relate to - do tell!
username2130115
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
lifting and programming
Themini
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Cars FireFreezer77
XxKingSniprxX
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Progress in life.

sulaimanali
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Acting and Praying...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (529)
80.4%
Leave (129)
19.6%

Watched Threads