Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

I'd like to start creating and developing my own smartphone games.

At first, I'd like to create some very simple ones - such as flappy birds. I'd like to progress on and eventually incorporate multiplayer and create a complex virtual reality based game, similar to the level of Pokemon Go.

Where would you recommend I start? What programming language(s) and environment should I become familiar with in order to achieve my goals?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    Hi.

I'd like to start creating and developing my own smartphone games.

At first, I'd like to create some very simple ones - such as flappy birds. I'd like to progress on and eventually incorporate multiplayer and create a complex virtual reality based game, similar to the level of Pokemon Go.

Where would you recommend I start? What programming language(s) and environment should I become familiar with in order to achieve my goals?

Thanks.
    Depends on the smartphones operating system. i don't know the exact ones for i phones only know that java is used for android phones.

however once you have found out which Language is used. you can then find the IDE's *integrated development environment to start to make them.

java has a fair few from netbeans to eclipse mars to Intellij(jetbrains) and so on.

ReputationRep:
    Here you'll find a great info on how to develop mobile apps and games - http://www.templatemonster.com/blog/ . So, if you plan to become a mobile game developer, this blog is just for you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.