Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically want to know what grades i'd have to get in my modules to average 65%.

I have 4 modules each term next year (8 in total).

Thank you…(basically trying to decide if re-sitting 2nd year is the best option )
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Havent you answered your own question? 65%

Alternatively you have missed out information, which means even god wouldnt be able to work it out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lousmithy)
    Basically want to know what grades i'd have to get in my modules to average 65%.

Thank you…(basically trying to decide if re-sitting 2nd year is the best option )
    Well... you'd have to average 65%. So you can get 60% in one module as long as you get 70% in another module, and so on, presuming they're all equally weighted. Even if they're not equal, you still just need to get 65% in each of your assignments.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by lousmithy)

As above, you've answered your own question - you haven't provided enough information (eg weightings of those 8 modules) to get an even more specific answer, but then again such an answer would be useless (if you can't see why, just take my word for it or ask yourself what the answer would look like and how it would be of any use to you - 65% average overall is the key bit you need, and in my view the only bit you need) just aim to do the best that you can and know that it's very much achieveable if you put the effort in.

Also, think carefully before resitting and whether you want to spend that time/money to do so.

ReputationRep:
    You may not even be able to without medical reason or other such mitigating circumstances. It's not like school. You've satisfactorily completed your second year so why would you need to resit?*

ReputationRep:
    Well, judging solely from the rather scant information provided; if you need to average 65%, then it seems to my (admittedly rudimentary) grasp of the assessment methodology shared by modern universities that you would want to maintain a grade average of at least 65%.

I hope this helps.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.