Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If there's already a thread about this, please direct me

But what does everyone think of this:
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007310703,00.html
    That isn't the only source, it's in practically every paper.

I think it's disgusting, and they should have gone down for murder. What do you think?

xx

ReputationRep:
    4 months?? Gosh thats awful, that poor bloke!

Thats disgusting that the murder charges were dropped, these people still caused his death, so surely the charges should have still stood??

Its shocking to think that in 10 years time (or possibly less if they get parole) those people will be roaming free again

ReputationRep:
    It is disgusting. I can't believe that one human could do that to another. And them filming him and asking him questions like abductors in the middle east or where ever do, absolute headcases:mad:

ReputationRep:
    It's horrible. Really sick

It should have been murder but they couldn't prove that his Epilepsy didn’t play a part in his death so the murder charge didn’t stand. To be fair, if he hadn’t been locked in the shed he would have been able to manage his Epilepsy. The murder charge should have been able to stick.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my goodness that is awful.

Why do people do such things? It's disgusting. That poor bloke.

I just don't understand what on earth would possess people to do that?! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    That's awful
    They should be locked up & the key thrown away.

ReputationRep:
    I heard about this yesterday. It is terrible, but they shouldn't go down for murder because they didn't murder him.
    They should have gotten longer though, I'd much rather someone just stab me in the heart than do that to me.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't murder him????

What do you call that then???

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxBubbleTMxx)
    Didn't murder him????

What do you call that then???

xx
    It was probably some kind of manslaughter.
    The article didn't actually say how he died. He might have starved to death, for example. That's not murder (I don't think so anyway, correct me if I'm wrong). If he just died because he was too weak or whatever, again, I don't think that's murder.

ReputationRep:
    Their actions brought about his death. If he starved, well they starved him. Weak? Well he would be after their treatment of him. I don't know about anyone else, but if they directly caused him to die, I think that's murder.

xx

ReputationRep:
    I'm not so sure.
    If I lock a child in a car, and don't feed them, they'll die. I don't think that counts as murder (infact I'm fairly sure it doesn't). It's manslaughter.

ReputationRep:
    Thats horrific. True they didnt murder him, but he probably wouldnt have died from his epilepsy if he hadnt been in those conditions. I hope they serve every day of their sentence, the evil ****'s :mad:

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter if it's murder or manslaughter really. They must have known that their actions would lead to his death. These people should have been locked up for much, much longer. 10 years is nothing for a crime like that.

ReputationRep:
    When some dies it does matter. The charge wasn’t even manslaughter. False imprisonment and assault occasioning actual bodily harm. It’s a joke

ReputationRep:
    Read about it in the Daily Mail this morning is sick. Agree though it probably wasn't murder. 10 years a bit light isn't it maybe? Doubt they'll serve the full sentence. Sorry if that article mentions the sentencing.

ReputationRep:
    i heard it on the radio this morning: its disgusting and sick

ReputationRep:
    Its a pity they'll be fed in prison

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlowerSarah)
    When some dies it does matter. The charge wasn’t even manslaughter. False imprisonment and assault occasioning actual bodily harm. It’s a joke
    That's because they wouldn't have been able to establish that their actions led to his death. Even if his illness had been a contributory factor, they could still have been charged with murder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Libertin du Nord)
    That's because they wouldn't have been able to establish that their actions led to his death. Even if his illness had been a contributory factor, they could still have been charged with murder.
    The pathologist could not prove that the Epilepsy didn’t contribute. It’s a fair point but sickening as they deserved to charged with murder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlowerSarah)
    The pathologist could not prove that the Epilepsy didn’t contribute. It’s a fair point but sickening as they deserved to charged with murder.
    The don't desrve to get murder because they didn't murder him. The name of the crime they commited though, isn't that important to me.

I do agree, that they should have got much longer.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.