Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've been talking to this girl online. We agreed to meet on her terms, she bought along a friend. We met again, again with a friend but I picked up her and we met her friend there. Same happened again. These are all meet ups she's suggested, I have suggested others but she comes up with these alternatives. She then invited me over with her friend, her friend left and I stayed.....we ended up kissing. The day after I asked to meet her again, again she said she couldn't but suggested another time, this time she can't now meet but has again suggested another time to meet. It always seems on her terms which is fine, but I feel a little cautious??
    She has told me she gets nervous and over thinks a lot.
    What would you suggest?
    She's 20 I'm 23.

So this is coming from a girl who has met various guys online but I've only met up with one of them-although I've talked about meeting up loads.Give her space and time to make sure she figures out how she feels about everything and if she is comfortable with you. Girls who meet guys on the internet are conditioned to be hyper-paranoid about any guy you meet on the internet. No matter how long you've been talking she doesn't know 100% that you're not just being nice to take advantage of her or that as soon as she agree to meet on your terms you won't turn into this horrible monster. Stories of such are everywhere which makes it scary and a bit confusing when you meet a guy you really like and think is a good guy but because it was on the internet you can't be 100% sure. I guess that she may be a bit wary so reassure her and give her the space and time she needs if you really want to be with her and get to know her. If you try and push it you will push her away and give bad vibes.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been talking to this girl online. We agreed to meet on her terms, she bought along a friend. We met again, again with a friend but I picked up her and we met her friend there. Same happened again. These are all meet ups she's suggested, I have suggested others but she comes up with these alternatives. She then invited me over with her friend, her friend left and I stayed.....we ended up kissing. The day after I asked to meet her again, again she said she couldn't but suggested another time, this time she can't now meet but has again suggested another time to meet. It always seems on her terms which is fine, but I feel a little cautious??
    She has told me she gets nervous and over thinks a lot.
    What would you suggest?
    She's 20 I'm 23.
    I've never met up with a guy who I have 'met' online but if I did, I would certainly bring along a friend for the first few times. All my friends who have met up with online 'friends' have never gone alone. It's just a basic safety precaution.

Thanks. I have met her 5 times, but always on her terms, every time I suggest soemthing she comes up with an alternative that seems to suit her.
    Since we also kissed and spent the evening together, she's been flirting like crazy and lots of sexual talk.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.