Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well... as you may have heard, there have been problems with accomodation. A friend and I have both been placed on the waiting list (which neither of us have faith in) and are thus looking for somewhere to live. We checked out all the estate agents in the area and havn't found a suitable place for just the two of us and so need housemates.

As there are several people who seem to have lost out on spaces even though they applied before the deadline, there must be potential housemates out there. As you can imagine, we are pretty desperate and just need the ability to sleep somewhere in our first year.

So... if there is anyone out there who is in a similar situation, can they please either post in this thread, or send me an email at removed - please use PMs. We are not picky and are willing to do a substantial part of the work of finding a house.
    The two of us, Ben Smith and I, James Ellis, are both going to read Physics at Royal Holloway and I could give more information about us to anyone interested.

ReputationRep:
    My recommendation is that you are wary of Browns. Our experience with Aspen has good so far. Good luck finding housemates.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, like you I didn't get allocated a place in the halls. I spoke to someone on the phone at RH and they told me that at some point this week the waiting list will be published, and they are going to email me a copy. I suggest you wait a bit before signing any contracts because obviously after results day, if people don't meat the conditions of their offer some rooms will become available and if you're high up on the waiting list there's a good chance that you will get a room. A friend of mine signed a contract at the start of the summer after not getting a place at Kingston uni, and 2 weeks later got offered a place in halls but had already signed the contract and paid the deposit.

That being said, I would really like to get to know you guys seeing as we are all in the same boat and you seem to be the only other people who are proactive and already looking at other options for living. Your email address got taken out so if you PM me with it, I will add you on MSN and we could have a chat about options and stuff! I haven't been able to speak to any estate agents yet because I am working full time and I would like to hear what you've found out so far!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 10, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.