Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what are the more mature friendly uni's not for a GEP but for a standard 5year course. Rumour has it that london uni's do not take that kindly to matures appling for 5yr course. As i don't want to waste my precious 4 places i have to make certain that the one choosen have a more "relaxed" approach when considering a place. If any of you are considering a 2008 entry or got offered a place in 2007 then please do not hesitate as to where these institute are.

I invite your replys

ReputationRep:
    Well, Barts and The London are definitely open to mature students (They make up around 1/3 of the five year course these days). St Georges and GKT are also relatively friendly, but you'd have to contact them yourself about that. UCL and Imperial aren't usually known for their graduate programs, although even Imperial is beginning a four year course soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatestMight)
    Does anyone know what are the more mature friendly uni's not for a GEP but for a standard 5year course. Rumour has it that london uni's do not take that kindly to matures appling for 5yr course. As i don't want to waste my precious 4 places i have to make certain that the one choosen have a more "relaxed" approach when considering a place. If any of you are considering a 2008 entry or got offered a place in 2007 then please do not hesitate as to where these institute are.

I invite your replys
    I'm at GKT and there are a lot of grads on the 5 year course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxygenbubbles)
    I'm at GKT and there are a lot of grads on the 5 year course.
    what uni is GKT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AEH)
    Well, Barts and The London are definitely open to mature students (They make up around 1/3 of the five year course these days). St Georges and GKT are also relatively friendly, but you'd have to contact them yourself about that. UCL and Imperial aren't usually known for their graduate programs, although even Imperial is beginning a four year course soon.
    Georges only take grads on the GEP now. They do not take them on the 5 year. Nor do Notts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatestMight)
    what uni is GKT?
    It used to be the medical school of Guys, Kings and St Thomas'. It's now just known as KCL, as they got screwed over and lost their name. Tragic really. All that history gone in a rough and ready rebranding exercise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    It used to be the medical school of Guys, Kings and St Thomas'. It's now just known as KCL, as they got screwed over and lost their name. Tragic really. All that history gone in a rough and ready rebranding exercise!
    Expecting a prefresher to care?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 11, 2007

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.