The Student Room Group

Does anyone know?

Does anyone know what are the more mature friendly uni's not for a GEP but for a standard 5year course. Rumour has it that london uni's do not take that kindly to matures appling for 5yr course. As i don't want to waste my precious 4 places i have to make certain that the one choosen have a more "relaxed" approach when considering a place. If any of you are considering a 2008 entry or got offered a place in 2007 then please do not hesitate as to where these institute are.

I invite your replys
Reply 1
Well, Barts and The London are definitely open to mature students (They make up around 1/3 of the five year course these days). St Georges and GKT are also relatively friendly, but you'd have to contact them yourself about that. UCL and Imperial aren't usually known for their graduate programs, although even Imperial is beginning a four year course soon.
TheGreatestMight
Does anyone know what are the more mature friendly uni's not for a GEP but for a standard 5year course. Rumour has it that london uni's do not take that kindly to matures appling for 5yr course. As i don't want to waste my precious 4 places i have to make certain that the one choosen have a more "relaxed" approach when considering a place. If any of you are considering a 2008 entry or got offered a place in 2007 then please do not hesitate as to where these institute are.

I invite your replys

I'm at GKT and there are a lot of grads on the 5 year course. :smile:
oxygenbubbles
I'm at GKT and there are a lot of grads on the 5 year course. :smile:

what uni is GKT?
Reply 4
AEH
Well, Barts and The London are definitely open to mature students (They make up around 1/3 of the five year course these days). St Georges and GKT are also relatively friendly, but you'd have to contact them yourself about that. UCL and Imperial aren't usually known for their graduate programs, although even Imperial is beginning a four year course soon.

Georges only take grads on the GEP now. They do not take them on the 5 year. Nor do Notts.
Reply 5
TheGreatestMight
what uni is GKT?

It used to be the medical school of Guys, Kings and St Thomas'. It's now just known as KCL, as they got screwed over and lost their name. Tragic really. All that history gone in a rough and ready rebranding exercise!
Reply 6
Fluffy
It used to be the medical school of Guys, Kings and St Thomas'. It's now just known as KCL, as they got screwed over and lost their name. Tragic really. All that history gone in a rough and ready rebranding exercise!
Expecting a prefresher to care?

Latest

Trending

Trending