Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

16 Year olds on holiday without parents Watch

ReputationRep:
    Me and a friend are planning a trip to New York without our parents during the summer and we intend to fly alone and stay at a hotel as well. We're both 16 years old and i'd like to say rather intelligent individuals who have common sense. Is it possible for us to go on holiday alone or is there a law preventing us from doing so?

ReputationRep:
    absolutely legal, just the rents you have to get past

good luck
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    But some hotels do have a lower age limit.

ReputationRep:
    I really wouldn't recommend NY or any of America to my honest, you should go somewhere that is actually nice (almost anywhere else is cheaper too). To answer your Q though, it depends on the country but for most, there is no law against it.

ReputationRep:
    There are some hotels that require an adult to stay with under 16. Just check with the hotel you are going to stay with to see if they have any policies that might affect you. Otherwise it should be fine. Enjoy your holiday.*

ReputationRep:
    Have you seen the prices of New York hotels?

ReputationRep:
    Think of a better idea. My boyfriend and I went to New York for New Year and we struggled finding a hotel. (both of us over 18/under 21)

At 16 there is absolutely nowhere that will let you stay. America don't have travelodges like we do. You have to be 18 at a minimum.

ReputationRep:
    You could go at 16 but it would be a hassle. Perhaps do something like camping with friends or go to the beach for a few days, and then go to Europe or something when you're 18 (then there's no problem with booking stuff, and you can buy alcohol whereas you would have to wait until you're 21 if you go to New York)

ReputationRep:
    Travel outside without parent, I think you need the post:
    http://www.articlesbase.com/travel-t...e-7448607.html

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.