Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've read about social bullying online and believe I am going through it now. Many people at my college are spreading false information about me when I haven't been aware of it. The college also knew about the false information. I am being called cruel names like '*****' 'psycho' 'wierdo' 'loner' and 'freak' behind my back. Other people I have been close to in the past have now left me as they were under pressure by the bullies to not be my friend and were warned not to talk to me. I have been excluded from many social events, pushed out of the college by the head as they can't guarantee my safety in the college, and i'm halfway through my a levels so can't transfer anywhere else even though I wanna leave so bad I'm a straight A student so i'm way ahead anyway. If anyone else has been through severe social bullying, what did you do? How did you deal with it all? Thanks!!!!! X

ReputationRep:
    also to anyone who saw my last post on 'help me please, my ex boyfriend won't leave me alone!' it relates to this, as he is involved in this
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Wouldnt you make a complaint to the school and then whoever governs the college that they havent done enough to protect you?
    Doesnt the college have rules on bullying by students? They should be the ones being expelled.

Keep being a straight A student. You wont see any of these people again when you go to a good university and leave them all behind.

ReputationRep:
    the college were supporting me with all the bullying until two weeks ago. I told my tutor about the fact two of the bullies had knives and after that it all turned against me and I got the blame for everything and told I was so 'deluded' I was bullying myself. Then they pushed me to leave by threatening to expel me if i didn't go quietly. The vice also called my parents deluded for saying allegations were not true..

The question is what led people to think of you this way? Anyway, I haven't dealt with social bullying but I've been bullied before cause of my race and I have personally socialy Isolated myself for period of time(due to exams,religion, etc). The good part is that this pain you're suffering now is TEMPORAL and once you finish your A levels, you'll get more opportunities to know people if you put effort into it. These are my advices:

1.Use your summer to get into an activity: Try a sport, go to an event or any sort of activity to get to know people... if it's not late already

2.Go to the library to study: You;re a straight A student right? If you to library they will be more opportunities for you to get to know people and you'll even be able to help them

3.Check yourself and Personality: Try and be friendlier with everyone, speak when opportunity arises,

4.Focus on your A levels: There also uni as an opportunity to start over again, and get to know more people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    The question is what led people to think of you this way? Anyway, I haven't dealt with social bullying but I've been bullied before cause of my race and I have personally socialy Isolated myself for period of time(due to exams,religion, etc). The good part is that this pain you're suffering now is TEMPORAL and once you finish your A levels, you'll get more opportunities to know people if you put effort into it. These are my advices:

1.Use your summer to get into an activity: Try a sport, go to an event or any sort of activity to get to know people... if it's not late already

2.Go to the library to study: You;re a straight A student right? If you to library they will be more opportunities for you to get to know people and you'll even be able to help them

3.Check yourself and Personality: Try and be friendlier with everyone, speak when opportunity arises,

4.Focus on your A levels: There also uni as an opportunity to start over again, and get to know more people
    Its based on rumours started by both my ex boyfriends who have been making my life hell for a while now and everyone believes what they are saying. The only issue is the college have asked me to go because they can't guarantee my safety but I haven't done anything wrong, to add, this would comprimise my education.

ReputationRep:
    First things first, you are perfectly acceptable as you are, ignore what they are saying as bullying isnt personal its a reflection of their insecurities.

Secondly, rise above the petty day to day school yard drama, its a huge world and theres far more important things to think about.

Thirdly, inform the dean/head teacher or whoever is at the very top that you are being severely bullied and will take it to the news papers if its not dealt with immediately. Have zero tolerance of it, keep resilient and focus on your work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Double Agent)
    First things first, you are perfectly acceptable as you are, ignore what they are saying as bullying isnt personal its a reflection of their insecurities.

Secondly, rise above the petty day to day school yard drama, its a huge world and theres far more important things to think about.

Thirdly, inform the dean/head teacher or whoever is at the very top that you are being severely bullied and will take it to the news papers if its not dealt with immediately. Have zero tolerance of it, keep resilient and focus on your work.
    this is great. Thank you x

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

This helped, thanks x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.