The Student Room Group

UK, two men jailed for putting bacon on Mosque doorstep

Scroll to see replies

What a waste, couldve had yourselves some nice bacon tbh.
Reply 81
Original post by SuperHuman98
What the men did was disrespectful and stupid tho, and they deserve that jail sentence

Stupid and dis-respectful?? The other guy raped a girl 5 years younger than him! she was just 13! Furthermore the Muslim cultured school the guy attended teaches that women are worthless and deserve it! But that's fine that's not at all disrespectful! :|
Original post by HanSoloLuck
Clearly our government has it's priorities in check, 'we needs to fight Islamophobia to stop Muslims killing us' seems to be the sentiment. Maybe if we bend over far enough to institutionalize their religious laws they wont feel the need to by violence.

Yet Muslim rapists have gotten off with nothing, claiming cultural ignorance, for attacking young girls. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2268395/Adil-Rashid-Paedophile-claimed-Muslim-upbringing-meant-didnt-know-illegal-sex-girl-13.html

" Two men have been jailed over an attack on a mosque in Bristol in which bacon was tied to door handles and abuse was shouted at a worshipper. "

"Kevin Crehan, of Springleaze, Knowle, has been jailed for a year, while Mark Bennett, of Spruce Way, Patchway, was given a nine-month sentence for his role in the disturbance at the Jamia Mosque in Green Street, Totterdown, earlier this year.Crehan, 34, and 48-year-old Bennett were convicted of a racially aggravated public order offence, as were Alison Bennett, also of Spruce Way, Patchway, and Angelina Swales, of West Town Avenue, Brislington,At Bristol Crown Court today Alison Bennett, 46, was given a six-month suspended sentence, while 31-year-old Swales was given a four-month suspended jail term."

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/two-jailed-over-bristol-mosque-bacon-attack/story-29534352-detail/story.html

Okay so, kids being raped is acceptable and carries no jail sentence but putting bacon on a mosque is a heinous crime and must be punished!! Liberal logic

:facepalm:

It would be funny if it wasn't so serious
Reply 83
Original post by DorianGrayism
Yes, shouting racist abuse at ppl and having multiple past convictions must be just a guy acting like an idiot. *

All little crimes*

Yes it is a little crime in the grand scheme of things, would you rather someone who says a few nasty words and puts bacon on door handles on the streets or paedophiles?
Original post by joecphillips
No it is because I don't place idiots being idiots as a reason to jail someone.

Despite what you think jail isn't handed out for every little crime.

Do you know how sentencing works in the UK?
Original post by HanSoloLuck
Cheering on jail time...you do realize that the majority of Muslims are calling for 'blasphemers' and homosexuals to get the same treatment and not just those who 'disrespect' their religion. I wonder if you'll still be cheering it on then.

Meh, simple cannabis possession can easily land you with a similar jail term.

You do realise that the majority of Christians call for drug users to get far harsher penalties.
You know me Red I have no truck with islam or its stupid restrictions

However we do not know the criminal history of these people so we can't assume this is why they got 9 months

But putting bacon on the doors of a mosque is a pretty twatish thing to do and it's things like this that WILL be used to attack our freedoms when it comes to islam
Reply 87
Original post by BaconandSauce
Do you know how sentencing works in the UK?

Yes.
You know me Red I have no truck with islam or its stupid restrictions

However we do not know the criminal history of these people so we can't assume this is why they got 9 months

But putting bacon on the doors of a mosque is a pretty twatish thing to do and it's things like this that WILL be used to attack our freedoms when it comes to islam

If this sentencing was due to something they did in the past then why hand the sentence out to them after this 'infarction' and not after they did whatever was done previously?

So putting a piece of meat on a building = rape of children and teenagers?

Buildings are not sacred and should not be afforded the same rights as human beings.
No it is cumulative they look at what has happened before (and the number of times you've been arrested and got away with **** in the past)

I doubt this is the persons first offense

No why would you say such a thing? (given this certainly wasn't my argument or even mentioned by me)

But yes building are scared and this was a hate crime (just as if someone puts pork on a synagogue)
Yes.

Then you know you're wrong then and sentencing is a result of cumulative past transgressions.
No it is cumulative they look at what has happened before (and the number of times you've been arrested and got away with **** in the past)

I doubt this is the persons first offense

No why would you say such a thing? (given this certainly wasn't my argument or even mentioned by me)

But yes building are scared and this was a hate crime (just as if someone puts pork on a synagogue)

Putting bacon a building is hardly what you could call a 'hate crime' is it? Other than violating littering laws really there's nothing wrong with it.

Buildings are not inherently sacred by nature, that is just the value attached to them by people.

Britain is not an Islamic country, why such a harsh punishment for what is an essentially an over-exaggerated littering? Mosque's and other religious buildings should not be regarded as sacred or special more than any other building. I say this as a christian with a healthy respect for Gothic church architecture too as you can see on my profile.
Reply 92
Then you know you're wrong then and sentencing is a result of cumulative past transgressions.

That is incorrect, they are likely to be considered and seen as aggravating factors, if it was how you suggest people could be jailed multiple times because of 1 crime.
But the government is okay with this...?

Reply 94
Original post by SuperHuman98
What the men did was disrespectful and stupid tho, and they deserve that jail sentence

lmao bacon
Yes it is a little crime in the grand scheme of things, would you rather someone who says a few nasty words and puts bacon on door handles on the streets or paedophiles?

Well I prefer neither. Unlike you I want both in jail.

Obviously, you want the violent racist on the street because he isn't a danger to you.
Because he has a history of racist abuse and violence.

He has been to jail multiple times.

He was racially abusive again to a passerby that tried to stop him from putting the bacon on the door handle.

9 months isn't even a long sentence.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 97
Well I prefer neither. Unlike you I want both in jail.

Obviously, you want the violent racist on the street because he isn't a danger to you.

I would have happily put them in jail for attacking the police officer as he was violent then but here they were not violent nobody was physically hurt so really it really is a minor incident.
Because he has a history of racist abuse and violence.

He has been to jail multiple times.

He was racially abusive again to a passerby that tried to stop him from putting the bacon on the door handle.

9 months isn't even a long sentence.

Lmao oh okay, fair enough, in this case 9 months is justified then
I would have happily put them in jail for attacking the police officer as he was violent then but here they were not violent nobody was physically hurt so really it really is a minor incident.

So he can keep on racially abusing people and not get sent to jail?

Quick Reply

Latest