The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

PG Accom at Nutford House!

Hey guyz.....i've got thru Msc C&Sp (Imperial)....my accomodation has been confirmed at Nutford House....was wondering if any of you could gimme an idea as to whether private accom is better than college ones.....plz note money is not d criteria....so dats y i dun have any prob wid nutford house(since private accom is cheaper i am told!!!).....

Also, any insight into life at Nutford wud be great :smile: ......moreover, since it is primarily an undergrad hostel......do you think a grad student wud find it awkward....rather out of place........:p:

Anyone offered place at Nutford.......Plz post ur replies too!!!

Thanks a ton.....:tsr2:
Write properly. I can't understand half your post.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Newton's cradle
Write properly. I can't understand half your post.

My apologies! Hope this helps Newton!

Hey guyz, i have got through Msc C&Sp (Imperial). My accomodation has been confirmed at Nutford House. I was wondering if any of you could give me an idea as to whether private accomodation is better than the ones provided by college. Please note that money is not a very big criteria so thats why i don't have any problem with nutford house(since private accomodations are cheaper i am told!!!).

Also, any insight into life at Nutford would be great ......moreover, since it is primarily an undergraduate hostel......do you think a graduate student would find it awkward....rather out of place? :p:

Anyone offered place at Nutford.......Please post ur replies too!!!

Thanks a ton!:tsr2:
Reply 3
Hey, tortugas!

I'm a new PhD student of IC from China this autumn and I'm also been offered a place in Nutford House. In my opnion, the advantage of NH is that the distance from the campus while the disadvantage might be the somewhat harsh obligations you must abide by. Moreover, I have the same worries about the possible awkward when communicating with undergraduates as I'm three, even five years older than them. However, my supervisor strongly reccommended me to accept the offer because he doesn't think the possible generation gap is a problem and the college accommodation is a good starting point to know London and the UK. Therefore, I'm considering about accepting it.

If you finally decide to live in NH, contact with me!

msn: [email protected]

Look forward to hearing from you!:smile:

Zhiyong
Reply 4
Hey Zhiyong.....couldn't agree with you anymore!:smile:

BTW i mailed you too!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending