Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

POKEMON GO - Help ?!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I’ve been playing Pokemon Go but I live in a very small quiet town so I haven’t been getting much of anything. Everyone online has been saying to fake your location so you can catch a lot more, but when I tried that it didn’t work. I tried to change everything back to normal so my default location returned but now I think I’ve broken the game?

Whenever I walk ANYWHERE my character doesn’t move. I’ve turned off Mock Location App again on my phone but how can I fix it? Restart my phone? Reset the app?

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    Nobody else experienced this?

Grow up and bin it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Grow up and bin it
    Telling more than 15+ million people to grow up is a bit silly, don’t you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Grow up and bin it
    Growing up is boring.

ReputationRep:
    Delete the app & make a new account. Your fault for cheating. I'm not saying you're wrong for cheating but it's still your fault.

There will be more updates to provide people in rural areas a more quality gameplay

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OddFish)
    So I’ve been playing Pokemon Go but I live in a very small quiet town so I haven’t been getting much of anything. Everyone online has been saying to fake your location so you can catch a lot more, but when I tried that it didn’t work. I tried to change everything back to normal so my default location returned but now I think I’ve broken the game?

Whenever I walk ANYWHERE my character doesn’t move. I’ve turned off Mock Location App again on my phone but how can I fix it? Restart my phone? Reset the app?
    I've moved this to Gaming for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    I've moved this to Gaming for you
    Thankyou!
    (Original post by Limerence.)
    Delete the app & make a new account. Your fault for cheating. I'm not saying you're wrong for cheating but it's still your fault.

There will be more updates to provide people in rural areas a more quality gameplay

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah regretting it now, but sucks that fans in bigger towns get more fun out of the game then those who arent

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it?

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully this will be looked into as the game hype starts to die down (aswell as new pokemon being added) - it would be nice if smaller towns got more attention!

ReputationRep:
    Delete it and re install it and use proper settings its bad that you live in a small town though

ReputationRep:
    Sounds more like the cheating has buggered your phone, rather than the game. That doesn't sound like a soft ban, that sounds like a malfunction on your phone's location settings.

Restore factory settings on your phone, that should fix it.

If you feel the need to cheat, Nox app player, or bluestacks will work.

ReputationRep:
    Pokemon Go get a new phone...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by OddFish)

You can play it on your PC by means of an Android Emulator (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNTvkz8_UTQ) which can help you switch location to anywhere you want. You use your mouse to simulate touch and WASD keys to move around; movement is slow here because if it was fast, you would be running and running prevents eggs from getting hatched. I recommend you moving into cities such as New York or London when setting the location as those are densely populated areas with different chances for different pokemon.

Keep in mind however, that if you switch locations too far and too regularly, every time you switch you can be subject to a soft ban where pokemon escape from you and pokestops dont give you anything for about 30-60 mins.

There is no perma ban as far as I'm concerned so you can try it out if your area doesn't give you anything

ReputationRep:
    Extend the lucky egg or Incense timer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGE1xUBi1QE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RDKGames)
    You can play it on your PC by means of an Android Emulator (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNTvkz8_UTQ) which can help you switch location to anywhere you want. You use your mouse to simulate touch and WASD keys to move around; movement is slow here because if it was fast, you would be running and running prevents eggs from getting hatched. I recommend you moving into cities such as New York or London when setting the location as those are densely populated areas with different chances for different pokemon.

Keep in mind however, that if you switch locations too far and too regularly, every time you switch you can be subject to a soft ban where pokemon escape from you and pokestops dont give you anything for about 30-60 mins.

There is no perma ban as far as I'm concerned so you can try it out if your area doesn't give you anything
    Santa Monica pier also offers a good pokestop density, beach gives you an abundance of kabuto and omanyte, while all the gyms/fitness themed pokestops give you a great chance at machop farming.

How's New York for Gastly? Struggling to get a Gengar.

If you're going to cheat, don't affect anyone else's game. Playing the game legit or emulated is fine, but don't use an emulated account to take gyms local to you, because everyone there should be in the same boat as you for lack of pokemon. Nothing worse than seeing a 4000CP+ Dragonite in your local park when there's nothing but pidgey and ratata spawning locally
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Donkey******)
    Santa Monica pier also offers a good pokestop density, beach gives you an abundance of kabuto and omanyte, while all the gyms/fitness themed pokestops give you a great chance at machop farming.

How's New York for Gastly? Struggling to get a Gengar.

If you're going to cheat, don't affect anyone else's game. Playing the game legit or emulated is fine, but don't use an emulated account to take gyms local to you, because everyone there should be in the same boat as you for lack of pokemon. Nothing worse than seeing a 4000CP+ Dragonite in your local park when there's nothing but pidgey and ratata spawning locally
    I found NY to get quite a good spot for Pikachu's back then for some reason, literally one way away from evolving it but I can't find another one xD
    Gastly's are pretty common there too. From my experience NY has a pretty diverse range of uncommon pokemon that you wouldn't find locally. Same with London but I preferred NY.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RDKGames)
    I found NY to get quite a good spot for Pikachu's back then for some reason, literally one way away from evolving it but I can't find another one xD
    Gastly's are pretty common there too. From my experience NY has a pretty diverse range of uncommon pokemon that you wouldn't find locally. Same with London but I preferred NY.
    That's why I like Santa Monica, high density pokestops on the pier, and an abundance of growlithe, enough for at least a couple of arcanine. Might try New York in a couple of weeks when I next "fly out"

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.