Popcorn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Check it out:
Spoiler:
Show

In my opinion, this looks really poor, with weak geometry, blocky lighting and washy textures .

Just for comparison, here's what the game was supposed to look like from the E3 '05 trailer:
Spoiler:
Show
dh00001
Badges: 14
Report 11 years ago
i cant see the comparison

it does look wishy washy is that the final version?
Choad
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
LOL

yeah coz thats exactly what it'll look like on release. thats got considerably worse textures than halo 2!!!

and doom 3 already had posh stencil shadows nailed... so why these crappy texture shadows now?

i smell a rat to be honest. if that is what the game looks like then someones head is going to roll. it is beyond ****
Popcorn
Rep:
?
(Original post by Choad)
i smell a rat to be honest.
See, that's what I thought, until one of the devs personally confirmed it in this thread.
http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...hread.id=30537
Choad
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Popcorn)
See, that's what I thought, until one of the devs personally confirmed it in this thread.
http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...hread.id=30537
maybe its just a really bad shot. i mean all it's showing off is a flat corner and a texture shadow that is way under-detailed...
Choad
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
wtf is with everyone in the kz forums saying "wow"??? they all love it!? are they blind?
Popcorn
Rep:
?
Yeah, but look at the hose thing on the Helghast's face. There is just no detail there - it's just flat geometry with weak texturing.
Choad
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah, but look at the hose thing on the Helghast's face. There is just no detail there - it's just flat geometry with weak texturing.
well i think the hellghast looks pretty good. i dont think that is completely flat... even in the psp game that was geo. theres also some nice bump mapping on his clothes... the light does justice to that. maybe thats why they chose such a bizarre angle?
Hopping Mad Kangaroo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Check it out:
Spoiler:
Show

In my opinion, this looks really poor, with weak geometry, blocky lighting and washy textures .

Just for comparison, here's what the game was supposed to look like from the E3 '05 trailer:
Spoiler:
Show
It doesnt really look too bad, considering thats going to probably end up being displayed on a standard television i doubt the majority of users will notice the artifacts on it.
Choad
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ok heres something that satisfies me

EdgeUK wrote:
Here we go...analysis paralysis!

Can you coment on what sort of build this is..like pre-alpha or beta?

Will there be opportunities for improvements for things like self-shadowing and shadow aliasing etc...?

If I am going of topic/thread just bang me into the right place...

Thanks
1. Pre-pre alpha.
2. Please wait to see more content before judging it.
Airel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I doubt thats a final release shot.
Popcorn
Rep:
?
EDIT: Just found this little gem :aetsch:

motherh
Dev Team

motherh (Killzone dev)

Message 1574 of 1577

Viewed 47 times

Btw, it appears I am being misquoted already, so I fixed the previous answer.

"EDIT: When I say "early" I mean, "released early in the day", and not "an early build". The screenshots were taken on the latest version of the game as it was on Saturday."

Message Edited by motherh on 07-10-2007 11:55 AM

Seb Downie - QA Manager - Guerrilla Games
http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...=4780&page=157

3rd past down.
Jayk
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It's not, but I'm sure it's a disappointment to many PS3 fans.
If it is, it says something about PS3 fans... #dunce# :rolleyes:

Seriously, Killzone 2 isn't going to be out for ages...so judging any aspect of the game at this juncture is ridiculous. If KZ1 is anything to go by, this'll end up a great game, and seeing as it's more or less the Playstation's tent-pole FPS...well, I don't think Sony will accept a shoddy-looking game from Guerilla...
Popcorn
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jayk Bakner)
judging any aspect of the game at this juncture is ridiculous.
The game's been in development for 2.5 years! If this, this is all they can do after that much time, then something is horrendously awry. Hopefully we'll be able to judge the game properly at the E3 demo tonight, but at present, things aren't looking good.
Jayk
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The game's been in development for 2.5 years! If this, this is all they can do after that much time, then something is horrendously awry. Hopefully we'll be able to judge the game properly at the E3 demo tonight, but at present, things aren't looking good.
Aaaaand they've still got at least another 0.5 years (with, in reality, about another year) to focus on the visual polish. If it were being released tomorrow, then yes, I'd be worried*. But abandoning all hope and judging it at the moment is...well, I've said it already: ridiculous.

EDIT: *well, I wouldn't really be - seeing as I don't plan on owning a PS3... - but you know what I mean. :rolleyes:
Hopping Mad Kangaroo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
What really matters is how it plays, not just the raw graphics. Maybe they have diverted the graphics power to the AI instead. Also 6 months they should be able to give the graphics a good polish for those with HDTV's.
Popcorn
Rep:
?
To be honest, I never had any hope for this game anyway. I know that the devs still have plenty of time, but when you compare this screenshot to many other games which are in earlier stages of development, it's still worryingly poor. Gears of War looked amazing when it was around a year from release, as did Rainbow 6, and what about the Halo 3 trailer from E3?
Barry C
Report 11 years ago
To be honest, I never had any hope for this game anyway. I know that the devs still have plenty of time, but when you compare this screenshot to many other games which are in earlier stages of development, it's still worryingly poor. Gears of War looked amazing when it was around a year from release, as did Rainbow 6, and what about the Halo 3 trailer from E3?
Halo doesn't look as good as the E3 trailer

Killzone 2 enemies can manipulate the weather, guessing a lot of power is going into that
Choad
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Barry C)

Killzone 2 enemies can manipulate the weather, guessing a lot of power is going into that
the halo 3 beta looks bizarre afai concerned. it looks like claymation or something. odd whatever it is. pretty.... but it looks... odd
Popcorn
Rep:
?
(Original post by Barry C)
I like how you conveniently ignore the other examples...

Oh, and
Spoiler:
Show

still looks pretty damn awesome.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (17)
94.44%
No (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads