Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If a job advert says 'Please call if you are interested' watch

ReputationRep:
    I found a job on Gumtree. There is a short description of the job and then just 'Please call if you are interested'

There is a number given of course, but if an ad says this, should you just call them or should I send in my CV through the website and THEN call them?
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by arcenciel21)
    I found a job on Gumtree. There is a short description of the job and then just 'Please call if you are interested'

There is a number given of course, but if an ad says this, should you just call them or should I send in my CV through the website and THEN call them?
    I'd call them and then follow-up with my CV after I have been more informed from the phone call, and your CV is more likely to stand out to them in their inbox as they will remember you. You can customise your CV based on what they say too.

That said, it probably doesn't matter which way round you do it as long as you do call them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    I'd call them and then follow-up with my CV after I have been more informed from the phone call, ............ You can customise your CV based on what they say too.
    Bang on imo :top:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.