Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Please say that somebody else is doing joint honours? I'm scared that I'll be the only one, or the only on in a class full of 50yr-olds or something?!

I've applies for Social Sciences, Classical Civilization & Art History.

xoxo

ReputationRep:
    You have to bear in mind that, in reality, not many people across the country use thestudentroom. It would be a very big coincidence if more than about one or two other people (if that) on this forum had also applied to the same university for the same course. Don't worry How did things look on the open day? Were there many mature students then? There will always be some but I think there will be plenty of people like you too. If it's any comfort, I haven't found anyone else on thestudentroom that's doing my course either so if the worst comes to the worst then we can cling together lol!

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like you're doing Combined Studies which is totally different to a joint honours degree.

I'm doing Eng Lang, Linguistics & History and I have come across about 10-20 people doing various Combined Degrees at Mancs on both here and Facebook. So I wouldn't worry!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 15, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.