Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Can you touch type? watch

• View Poll Results: Can you touch type?
    Yes
    69.70%
    No
    6.06%
    Sort of
    24.24%

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! I thought it would be interesting to find out how many of you can touch type! Personally I can sort of touch type (i.e. I can type without looking at the keyboard, but I don't use the official method of touch typing). What method do you guys use to type?

(Original post by Leviathan1741)
    Hi guys! I thought it would be interesting to find out how many of you can touch type! Personally I can sort of touch type (i.e. I can type without looking at the keyboard, but I don't use the official method of touch typing). What method do you guys use to type?
    I can actually only type with the index finger of my right hand... I'm very slow

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same as you, I can type without looking at the keyboard but don't think I do it the official way.

ReputationRep:
    It's mostly to do with muscle memory.

ReputationRep:
    Yes
    I can type without looking at the keyboard but it's only possible on a laptop or computer
    If I'm on my phone I can't lol

So it depends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    I can actually only type with the index finger of my right hand... I'm very slow
    Wow! That's interesting

ReputationRep:
    I can only do it if I have looked at the keyboard once and put my finger on the key I'm starting on. Then it's all easy from there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AppleB)
    Yes
    I can type without looking at the keyboard but it's only possible on a laptop or computer
    If I'm on my phone I can't lol

So it depends
    Yeah I get what you mean! I can type without looking at what I'm pressing on my phone as well though

ReputationRep:
    I can do it yes, I guess I've been taught when I was a child so maybe I can do it official way I think.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but not with proper technique. I can type very fast but I only really use my middle finger and index finger on my right hand, left hand is solid though.

ReputationRep:
    I have a Windows Phone so I just use the swipe keyboard, find it easier than trying to type the letters themselves.

ReputationRep:
    I can sort of touch type but I type a bit slower than average (about 40wpm rather than 60wpm)

ReputationRep:

Jokes aside yes I can touch type, I just touch typed this sentence

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I get what you mean! I can type without looking at what I'm pressing on my phone as well though
    Oh wow!
    Idk why I can't LOOL

You're talented

Teach me your ways oh wise one
    :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow!
    Idk why I can't LOOL

You're talented

Teach me your ways oh wise one
    :coma:
    I expect it's just because I do it so much

ReputationRep:
    I expect it's just because I do it so much
    You type a lot?

#FINGERMUSCLEGOALS

ReputationRep:
    I can't do it on my phone but can on a laptop

ReputationRep:
    You type a lot?

#FINGERMUSCLEGOALS
    Yes! I type every day on my laptop

ReputationRep:
    Yes! I type every day on my laptop
    Oooooohhhhhh
    Makes sense

#FINGERMEMORYGOALS

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I can type 80 words per minute. That's why I don't like touchscreens... because I can type so much faster on a conventional keyboard. I always want a real computer with a real keyboard whenever possible, and only want to use my phone in a pinch.

It also doesn't help that I like to write things out a lot more than I like to sit back and passively consume content. I can never watch a YouTube video without wanting to write out a three paragraph comment on it.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.