Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Surrey University and they asked me to get 9 out of 10.
    I surprisingly ( but not necessarily because I studied hard ) got 9.73
    I was wondering if I could apply to cass business school or tanaka or other more renowned business schools.
    I really love surrey because they have a lot of connections with employers and this is what interests me most and the fact that we do a lot of practice on this course.I don't really know what i'm going to do next but i think sales....marketing.... so maybe another uni is better in marketing than surrey.
    I really love surrey but I see that most people on this forum apply for cass king's imperial nottingham warwick........
    I WANT A UNI IN OR NEAR LONDON :P
    anyway please help me with my decision .... if I can apply to a higher level and if it is necessary because surrey is a very good university (if it really matters a little more reputation or they are all in the same league ) thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phaerae27)
    I applied to Surrey University and they asked me to get 9 out of 10.
    I surprisingly ( but not necessarily because I studied hard ) got 9.73
    I was wondering if I could apply to cass business school or tanaka or other more renowned business schools.
    I really love surrey because they have a lot of connections with employers and this is what interests me most and the fact that we do a lot of practice on this course.I don't really know what i'm going to do next but i think sales....marketing.... so maybe another uni is better in marketing than surrey.
    I really love surrey but I see that most people on this forum apply for cass king's imperial nottingham warwick........
    I WANT A UNI IN OR NEAR LONDON :P
    anyway please help me with my decision .... if I can apply to a higher level and if it is necessary because surrey is a very good university (if it really matters a little more reputation or they are all in the same league ) thanks a lot
    Surrey is a good choice, but their course is not that well known internationally and more importantly it is less quantitative (numerical), when compared to alot of others.
    I dont really understand these entry requirements you talk of. What do you mean by 9 out of 10?

ReputationRep:
    9 out of 10

maybe this is a polite refusal. No worry, even so u got many other choice such as Warwick, City , Edinburgh, Manchester .....

As I know, MBS' marketing is very good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DimiTheBrave)
    Surrey is a good choice, but their course is not that well known internationally and more importantly it is less quantitative (numerical), when compared to alot of others.
    I dont really understand these entry requirements you talk of. What do you mean by 9 out of 10?
    I am from brasov, romania... We have grades from 1 to 10 so they asked me the equivalent of ABB (I think) in romanian grades .. I am not sure if it is not too late to apply to another university...................... ...???
    and you scared me a little about surrey ) ... can I really apply higher to study this year ??
    p.s. : buy you a drink when I get to london

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brain Zheng)
    9 out of 10

maybe this is a polite refusal. No worry, even so u got many other choice such as Warwick, City , Edinburgh, Manchester .....

As I know, MBS' marketing is very good
    I would like a uni in london... could you please tell me some renowned unis in marketing in london ? but again i can apply now for another uni ??
    what do you mean by refusal ...
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phaerae27)
    I would like a uni in london... could you please tell me some renowned unis in marketing in london ? but again i can apply now for another uni ??
    what do you mean by refusal ...
    thank you
    To be honest most of the best marketing schools are outside London generally, you can try Royal Holloway, University of London, not far from Surrey. They were going to be my main university choice originally. Very good university and a pretty good course, which I think maybe alittle better than that of Surrey.
    The rest of of the unis around London are generally not as good as Surrey's, unless you take into account LSE, which I imagine would want you to achieve 10/10.
    If you already applied and they said yes, I believe you are supposed to go there now. That said Surrey is one of the better places to do business related subjects, in and around London. If it wasn't I wouldn't have applied there myself.
    Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DimiTheBrave)
    To be honest most of the best marketing schools are outside London generally, you can try Royal Holloway, University of London, not far from Surrey. They were going to be my main university choice originally. Very good university and a pretty good course, which I think maybe alittle better than that of Surrey.
    The rest of of the unis around London are generally not as good as Surrey's, unless you take into account LSE, which I imagine would want you to achieve 10/10.
    If you already applied and they said yes, I believe you are supposed to go there now. That said Surrey is one of the better places to do business related subjects, in and around London. If it wasn't I wouldn't have applied there myself.
    Good luck.
    Thanks a loooooooooot I was really worried about surrey's rep but now i'm ok . also, they have 3 accreditations among which aacsb so I guess they are good.I was just shocked to see that most of ppl here apply outside london... Thank you very much for your support and hope to see you in london... maybe at aston , as I have a friend from my school which applies there . here name is monica . thanks again

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 14, 2007

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.