Turn on thread page Beta

National Insurance number for EU Nationals watch

    • Thread Starter


    I've just applied for student loans for my course which starts in 2016. On my form, one of the things on my to-do lists is to give Student Finance my National Insurance Number ( NIN, NINO). When I previously asked Student Finance they told me that a NIN for EU nationals was not required for loans. This seems to be the popular opinion on all the forums I've seen so far. Therefore my question is am I required to apply for a number or can I just leave the request unanswered ?

    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    If they've said they don't need it then you're fine, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. You need one to apply for jobs though so bear that in mind.
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.