Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi i just wanted to know how have you been taught how to do the bay parking and is it better to do it further away from the bay , test is in 4 weeks and i want to brush up on this manoeuvre, and i sometimes get it spot on but then sometimes i mess it up like i have turned the wheel to early or to late my method i have been taught is use the line from another bay and when the line is lets say just before the handle inside the car door ,then turn the wheel left lock and then when the car has straightend up then straighten the wheel and you should go into the bay fine , so thats the method i use and it usually works and it all depends how far or close you are to the bay to start with . but im worried i will mess it up if you have any tips that would be great , thanks

ReputationRep:
    Pull up towards the bay so that it is on your left, with your front left wing roughly in line with the nearest line in the bay. (Stop, apply handbrake, whatever if you need a pause).

Pull forwards and away from the bay to your right (checking mirrors and blind spots) until the left hand line of the bay is visible in your left wing mirror.

Stop, handbrake etc. Select reverse, and slowly reverse towards the bay until your rear left wheel is close to the bay. Then begin steering to the left while reversing steadily into the bay.

When the vehicle is beginning to line up correctly, apply opposite steering until the wheel is central.

Then after passing my test I taught myself to reverse to the right as well.

ReputationRep:
    Its basically to do with the position of your rear wheel, when your rear wheel is just befor the bay this is when you need to reverse slowly back and apply your lock.
    Basically you need to get some sort of refrence point as you cant keep getting someone to stick their head out of the window or look out the door.
    When i was learning i had a letter on the rear passenger side window where the line of the bay should come into the car and thus i should apply my lock, it wasnt a paticularly accurate method especially when going out after passing and having to do it in my car without a reference.

ReputationRep:
    Have a look at this thread , second post down I have put a few links to different sites with some explanations about bay parking. Have a look at them and see if any of them help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_Rose)
    Its basically to do with the position of your rear wheel, when your rear wheel is just befor the bay this is when you need to reverse slowly back and apply your lock.
    Basically you need to get some sort of refrence point as you cant keep getting someone to stick their head out of the window or look out the door.
    When i was learning i had a letter on the rear passenger side window where the line of the bay should come into the car and thus i should apply my lock, it wasnt a paticularly accurate method especially when going out after passing and having to do it in my car without a reference.
    sme with me my instrutor put a tipex letter on the door for reference which did help altho testers do usually put back their chairs usually blocking it so beware

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophie_05)
    sme with me my instrutor put a tipex letter on the door for reference which did help altho testers do usually put back their chairs usually blocking it so beware
    I think i asked my examinor to move his chair forward, a bit cheeky but he was in my way!!:p:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.