The Student Room Group

Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jjj90
Why do you people never ever ever ever ever elaborate when talking about Clinton..? It's like... people hate her, but never say why! It rarely goes beyond, "wells she's a criminal!".

Go read about Hillary. She has her finger in just about every kind of pie possible. She's also in bed with coorperations, who if you looked, have pumped piles and piles of money in to her campaign.

Do you honestly think Hillary is going to do what's best for the US or do you think she's a puppet for corrupt, greedy and self interested corperations? Somthing which America is already suffocating under.

Don't get me wrong, I wonder how two of the least suitable people ever, get to be potential leaders of such a powerful country. America is on the edge of being considerd a democracy.

What it comes down to is then:

A candidate who says some ill thought out, inappropriate ideas, but generally says what they think.

OR

A candidate that is being paid off, funded by shady characters, changes their tune and views every 5 minutes depending on who they're talking to, lies, and has been implimented in shady dealings in the past.

Now, I've given no clues as to who either of those statements relate to, but I bet you can tell who i'm talking about.

Hillary comes across as someone who will do anything to get into power, by any means. She certainly comes across as not being trustworthy in the slightest.... or having any principles for that matter. I wouldn't trust her with a used tea bag. She has the potential to be much more dangerous than Trump ever could be.
(edited 7 years ago)
Neither.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I would vote for a 3rd party, try and do my bit to show the big two that if they offer shite Americans theoretically can go elsewhere..

Gary Johnson would be my choice.

That being said, I'd still take Trump over Hillary. A buffoon in the open is better than a monster in disguise.
Trump is a fascist. The cult that surrounds him terrifies me. Are people supporting him just to look edgy or do they seriously like his policies (not that he has many)? Clinton is not perfect but the lies being told about her are downright ridiculous. She isn't a monster, she would be an entirely competent president.
Original post by Snufkin
Trump is a fascist. The cult that surrounds him terrifies me. Are people supporting him just to look edgy or do they seriously like his policies (not that he has many)? Clinton is not perfect but the lies being told about her are downright ridiculous. She isn't a monster, she would be an entirely competent president.

1) Trump is not a fascist. There is nothing wrong with wanting to secure borders and stop illegals from coming into the US. There is nothing wrong with stopping immigration from countries with high amounts of terrorism. These are common sense policies which will secure the US.

2) Trump supporters aren't the type that want to look edgy- they are often working class or middle class and middle-aged and don't care about being edgy or cool. Bernie supporters are the type that want to look edgy.

3) He has many policies and his policies are far more innovative and exciting than Clinton's frankly boring and 'don't change anything' policy. The border wall, stopping terrorist immigration, lower taxation, smaller role of government, scrapping Obamacare, higher defence spending, reforming trade and many other excellent policies.

4) She put national security at risk when she used a private email server. And then she lied about it. She lied to the families in front of the coffins of four American soldiers that died in Benghazi. She gave paid speeches at Goldman Sachs. She and other members of the Democratic Party plotted to get rid of Sanders- he never got a fair shot. It was all rigged towards Hillary. She is crooked, corrupt and a huge liar funded by corporations and not supporters - not someone who can genuinely lead the nation.
Reply 85
Well, if I was to choose, it would be Trump. Firstly, Hillary is without a doubt extremely corrupt and a criminal who should be locked up for her crimes. Secondly, Trump has better ideas over immigration than Hillary as he wants to turn away Muslims migrants whilst Hillary wants to let them in. Letting in millions of muslims into Europe have caused all sorts of problems: There have been rape epidemics across Sweden and Germany. Multiple terrorist attacks all linked with Islamic state whilst a sharp rise in muslims in Europe wanting Sharia law. If Hillary is elected, I fear the U.S will follow the same path.
Reply 86
Reluctantly it would have to be Clinton, no doubt about it, I wish for America's sake it was Sanders, but it's not and I'm still baffled at how anyone could vote for Trump not as a joke or a protest vote, he's a clown with barely any policies (and even the policies he does have are mostly ludicrous and impractical, I'd love to see someone ask Trump supporters how many specific Trump policies they can name, I bet it's not many), who has got where he is now by spouting fear-based rhetoric and pandering to his target voters, just look at his acceptance speech (that apparently contained no less than 21 lies):

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/full-transcript-donald-trump-nomination-acceptance-speech-at-rnc-225974

I know people like to laugh off the comparisons with Hitler and invoking Godwin's Law, and I'm not going to be absurd and say he's as bad as Hitler. But if you look through that speech, I can see somewhat why people make the comparison cause it's the same sort of fear-based and blaming rhetoric repeated over and over again that Hitler used to manipulate and scare voters into thinking they had no other choice, basically saying the country's ****ed, the world's ****ed, the Mexicans and Muslims are ruining this country etc, everything is going to collapse unless you vote for me, only I can fix this (he literally used those words, like a dictator basically). Such a negative message, but sweetened by nationalistic, crowd-pleasing lines like 'Americanism, not globalism' and 'Make America Great Again' that you just know your typical uber patriotic, gun-wielding Republican is going to go crazy for, it's almost satirical.

I sympathise with anti-establishment sentiments and I don't particularly like Clinton either, but surely the answer to the problem is not Donald Trump :facepalm:
Reply 87
Original post by theholychilli
How can anyone support Hillary though? She has repeatedly lied under oath. She held classified information on a private email server. She has most likely sold state secrets. She's silenced her husband's sexual assault victims.

She is a considerable threat to the security of the USA.

She is a criminal. A criminal that is running for president and will run the United States to the ground.

btw, did you watch Trump's speech?:
"As your President, I will do everything in my power to protect our LGBTQ citizens from the violence and oppression of a hateful foreign ideology"

Also:

Hillary does NOT care about black people, gay people, Hispanics, etc. She has called black people "super predators" and has also said before "That God damned n***er". Her mentor was a KKK member, I'm sure you know.

Also, look at the recent DNC email leaks. Hispanics referred to as "brand loyal customers" and "taco bowls".

Trump's speech about Muslim threat to LGBT people is just another example of justifying his 'ban all muslims' rhetoric. Branding all Muslims the same, as Islamic extreamists. Also this rhetoric of banning one type of religion arguably goes against the Right to Freedom of religion, which is anti-American.

Wasn't it Bill Clinton who coined the term superpredator, and said the N word? And the Virgina Senate member renouced his KKK membership.

I agree that there a lot of problems with the Clintons but I'd rather have them than Donald Trump's right wing rehortic which is resulting in the advocation of hate against minorites. As well as un-necessary fearmongering of migration, scrapping of ObamaCare and anti-abortionist stance. I'm not right-wing in the slighest so I can't support any of his policies.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 88
Gary Johnson. :u:
Original post by Snufkin

@Trapz99 said it perfectly, Trump is not a fascist, anybody who thinks or says so is either a fascist themselves (the fascist left), or simply has no idea what they are talking about.

Comments like that make me think that you are one of those people that thinks that anyone who think differently than you are automatically a fascist / racist / bigot / any similar term. Controlling a nations borders is not fascism, out of the two of them, Trump is the one least likely to ever use the US military in any offensive way.
Original post by corax
Trump's speech about Muslim threat to LGBT people is just another example of justifying his 'ban all muslims' rhetoric. Branding all Muslims the same, as Islamic extreamists. Also this rhetoric of banning one type of religion arguably goes against the Right to Freedom of religion, which is anti-American.

Wasn't it Bill Clinton who coined the term superpredator, and said the N word? And the Virgina Senate member renouced his KKK membership.

I agree that there a lot of problems with the Clintons but I'd rather have them than Donald Trump's right wing rehortic which is resulting in the advocation of hate against minorites. As well as un-necessary fearmongering of migration, scrapping of ObamaCare and anti-abortionist stance. I'm not right-wing in the slighest so I can't support any of his policies.

Who would you rather have in a country, gays or Muslims? It is a simple choice.
Reply 91
So trump has a Obama voting for him
Hilary has the communist party leaders backing
image.jpeg
Neither tbh; :s-smilie:
Reply 93
Original post by The_Opinion
Who would you rather have in a country, gays or Muslims? It is a simple choice.

I like gays and muslims, so I'll have both :smile:
Original post by corax
I like gays and muslims, so I'll have both :smile:

I specifically said chose one. Don't be a coward and pick one.
Clinton
1) trump doesn't owe his success to ****ing an ex-president (and apparently not even doing a good enough job at that)
2) trump isn't a (war) criminal
3) trump isn't using his genitals to win an election
4) trump isn't rigging political party conventions in his own favour
5) trump gives better speeches - as if he's more naturally passionate about politics than his competitor who literally speaks like a mildly excited android. on that note, I'd say he'd be a better international actor than shillary.
6) trump actually has policies, good ones even.
7) trump doesn't seem to flip flop when it's culturally/politically convention like the other one
8) trump's not bought out by the big banks, or lobbyists - he's only bought out by himself (literally)
9) trump's not a ****ing mong unlike the other one

also, can I just point out for a second that the president of the US is an office where most of the power/autonomy is in foreign policy/international relations. the president is very weak when it comes to internal affairs, but at least in foreign policy they have *some* powers. when trump opposed iraq/libya whereas hillary wholeheartedly supported them, I have *no* clue why you'd prefer hillary over trump. it would be absolutely inexcusable.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Josb
Gary Johnson. :u:

in any other election if I were an american, I'd be voting for him as well
Reply 98
Original post by sleepysnooze

3) trump isn't using his genitals to win an election

You sure? :biggrin:

[video="youtube;DrSRjGMBNa8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrSRjGMBNa8[/video]
Original post by Josb
You sure? :biggrin:

[video="youtube;DrSRjGMBNa8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrSRjGMBNa8[/video]

ptttfffffff :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending