Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I include a CV when applying for voluntary work experience at a pharmacy? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Sorry if this is in the wrong forum)

I'm looking to apply for pharmacy at university and was hoping to get some work experience at my local pharmacy (small, independent). I was wondering if i would need to write a formal letter and include my CV for VOLUNTARY work experience, or if I am just able to pop in without a CV and ask.

Thanks.

Edit: I am 16 going into year 13 for my A2's.

ReputationRep:
    I did my work experience at a hospital and didn't need a CV just said a few words, more like a personal statement sort of thing.
    Include it if you want though if you feel they'd like to know a bit more of what you've done in the past
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    I would include one, along with a personal statement. It may not be necessary but it shows your dedication and what you have done. My mum works at a pharmacy in Tesco's and her boss is always looking for people that stand out, e.g. my mum because she is great with people.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.