The Student Room Group

Argos Card? Buy now, pay later question?

I have applied for an Argos Card, so I can do those Buy Now, Pay Later options on stuff. Well I was just on their website looking for what I wanted, placed it in my basket, clicked use my Argos Card and click the Buy Now, pay later option and the next page it asks for my card details and on the right side it shows my item and the price of £199, is this just showing me the price of the item itself and not saying I still need to pay this first or anything? I'm confused.
Buy now, pay later means you are basically getting credit of some sort from Argos. In order to ensure that you do actually pay, they want a card details so that they can scoop cash out of your account later on when it is time to pay up. You may also find that they run a credit check on you so you might not actually be able to buy now and pay later anyway. Another thing to be wary of is that they may charge you a horrendous interest rate on your purchase.

If you want my advice, I would suggest you save now and buy later. You can never lose using that model.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending