Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have a large shard of glass stuck in my left bum cheek.

I've tried pulling and squeezing it out but no good.

I tried having bath but still there.

It hurts to sit.

I fell over outside a bottle bank you see.

I really do not want to go to doctor. Can you think of way to get it out?

ReputationRep:
    Go to Casualty. Even if you were able to get it out yourself, it will probably need stitches, and there will still be small fragments that need removing carefully. And don't pull at it, you'll only make it worse.

ReputationRep:
    You really should go and see a medical person, as if its deep they might have to make a little cut to remove it.
    If you really want to try something else to remove it i'd try twesers but you really should get a doctor/nurse to do it.

I have a few small pieces in my knee which have been there for several years and not caused my problems, but with yours being large and painful i'd suggest getting it removed.

ReputationRep:
    Ouch, sounds painful

You're going to have to go to A&E Im afraid, or try a walk in centre instead

ReputationRep:
    Get someone else to get it out for you. Im sure trying to pull something out of your bum cheek would be difficult.

ReputationRep:
    I really do not want doctor to see my ass. I am virgin. I think I will try to remove with kitchen knife.

ReputationRep:
    i do hope that was an attempt at humour

ReputationRep:
    I'm beginning to suspect this might be a troll. Look at his 'other posts' option...

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm.....

ReputationRep:
    :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused:

Never try to extract something out by yourself!!!
    Go to A&E straight away, they will know how to deal with it best, and there's nothing to be embarrassed about. They will have dealt with cases way way worse, believe me.
    If you try and take it out yourself, since you cannot see what you are doing, you will probably end up dmaging the surrounding area, or infecting the wound. Removing the glass will also cause heavy bleeding by the way, so I would let the hospital deal with it...
    They'll probably give you some LA to ease the pain too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat observing butterfly)
    I really do not want doctor to see my ass. I am virgin. I think I will try to remove with kitchen knife.
    Don't be ridiculous. You will probably make it worse. Get someone else to look at it, e.g. a family member. If they can't do anything about it, go to the Dr's or even A&E.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redballoons)
    :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused:

Never try to extract something out by yourself!!!
    Go to A&E straight away, they will know how to deal with it best, and there's nothing to be embarrassed about. They will have dealt with cases way way worse, believe me.
    If you try and take it out yourself, since you cannot see what you are doing, you will probably end up dmaging the surrounding area, or infecting the wound. Removing the glass will also cause heavy bleeding by the way, so I would let the hospital deal with it...
    They'll probably give you some LA to ease the pain too.
    Actually when I had glass in my foot they just put in the LA for me and then left me to my own devices with some tweezers as they couldn't see or feel it.

whats being a virgin got to do with it
    if youve fallen onto something you should go to a medial person due to a possible risk of infection.

ReputationRep:
    If you're serious, go to A&E. No two ways about it.

If you're not, stop trolling.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.