Rome :) Watch

rotor
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Heya guys,
I may go to Rome this summer for a few days, any suggestions/tips? I wanna know names of some good hotels which are quite near the centre and stuff, +rep to people who help!
Dionysus
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
How much do you have to spend? Dei Gladiatori is a hotel literally next door to the Colosseum. The Hotel Traiano is pretty central, and a bit cheaper, but both of these are 4 star hotels. There are much cheaper, but the location won't be quite as good. If you want a basic but pleasant B+B, Chez Liviana is reasonably central, and from 50 euros a night. I can probably find you more, but which sort of price range and standard were you looking for?
dh00001
Report 11 years ago
dont drive over there. the roundabouts will confuse the **** out of you.
theres quite alot of beggers in rome and so there is quite high numbers of pick pokets so watch for that.

the Pace Helvezia is a good hotel as is the Albergo Ottocento.
i would stay just out of the centre though so you can experience the public transport :p:
look at this site http://www.nycerome.com/
rotor
Rep:
?
Price range Im not that fussed about, I havent searched alot so Im not sure how much the hotels/flights will cost (I want like a package with hotels and flights) 4-5* and for 3-4 nights
Dionysus
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You may be surprised to learn also that Rome has no proper Metro system. This is because every time they try to build one, they uncover another two thousand year old priceless relic!
rotor
Rep:
?
Lol I dont really wanna use public transport much!
Dionysus
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I noticed you're only 15. Are you travelling alone? That's quite young to be on your own in Rome. And when are you 16? The legal drinking age is 16 in Italy, so you might be old enough to drink.
rotor
Rep:
?
Ohh no Im not going alone!
Im going with my parents lol!
Vixen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Awww...Rome is an awseome place. Went a few weeks ago (and got engaged there ). I booked through Thomson city breaks. Stayed in the Spring House Hotel which is about a minute from the Vatican and 3 minutes from St Peters. It was a really nice hotel. Its quite far from the other sites though but its near a metro which was v.v.cheap and various bus tour things. Another hotel I considered was the City Hotel which is about 200 metres from the Spanish Steps so is a bit more central. Another nice one was the River Palace which is near the Villa Borghese which is a beautiful place to chill out and have a picnic. But have a browse on Thomson city breaks. And I chose my hotel based on the reviews on tripadvisor so thats worth a look.

You will have a great time out there. So much to see. Invest in a good guide book with a map in it :p:
rotor
Rep:
?
Congrats on getting engaged !

+Thanks for the trip advisor tip, I will look on there. Will 3 days be enough in Rome?
Dionysus
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by RdotR)
Ohh no Im not going alone!
Im going with my parents lol!
Ah, that's ok then. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't sending a 15 year old girl into a bar full of Italian men on her own lol! Yeah, watch out for those Italian men! Oh and you can see most of it in 3 days, if you plan your time well - ditto the tip about a guide book - they're quite good. Essential things include the Colosseum, the Sistine Chapel (Although I'm not the Vatican's biggest fan, the Sistine Chapel is amazing) and the Roman remains - you can actually go into the senate building etc. I've stood on the spot where Caesar was murdered, for instance.
dh00001
Report 11 years ago
to see the main tourist atrractions probably yes.
rotor
Rep:
?
Wicked, now hotel suggestions please!
My parents said because its for my birthday I can pick the hotel etc..but I have no idea!
dh00001
Report 11 years ago
look at the site i posted, pick an area and pick a hotel :p:
Dionysus
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by RdotR)
Wicked, now hotel suggestions please!
My parents said because its for my birthday I can pick the hotel etc..but I have no idea!
Oh, well make sure you pick an expensive one then lol! Ideally one with all drinks included, since it's your 16th, and you'll be legal. (I really should stop corrupting the youth) If you want to spend quite a lot, there's the Grand Hotel Palatino.
rotor
Rep:
?
Ooh good site, but it doesnt do flights
rotor
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cage)
Oh, well make sure you pick an expensive one then lol! Ideally one with all drinks included, since it's your 16th, and you'll be legal. (I really should stop corrupting the youth) If you want to spend quite a lot, there's the Grand Hotel Palatino.
LOL! I dont want thats too expensive though. Im looking at Thomson holidays, 3 nights are around 180-150 which isnt bad.
dh00001
Report 11 years ago
http://www.cheapflights.co.uk/flights/Rome/ flights
rotor
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vixen)
Awww...Rome is an awseome place. Went a few weeks ago (and got engaged there ). I booked through Thomson city breaks. Stayed in the Spring House Hotel which is about a minute from the Vatican and 3 minutes from St Peters. It was a really nice hotel. Its quite far from the other sites though but its near a metro which was v.v.cheap and various bus tour things. Another hotel I considered was the City Hotel which is about 200 metres from the Spanish Steps so is a bit more central. Another nice one was the River Palace which is near the Villa Borghese which is a beautiful place to chill out and have a picnic. But have a browse on Thomson city breaks. And I chose my hotel based on the reviews on tripadvisor so thats worth a look.

You will have a great time out there. So much to see. Invest in a good guide book with a map in it :p:
I quite liked the city hotels, photos dont look too bad and the reviews seem gd, plus its a reasonable price!
Bear_Grylls
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah i was there last summer and i believe i am going there again this september. Im sure you will visit the regular attractions such as the trevi fountain and the pantheon a good place to visit is somewhere called Argentina, you close to loads of good stores and coffe shops there, try to use the trams where possible, they're very efficient. Italy is a fantastic place to visit, been there around 7 times now, got a brilliant nightlife.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (525)
46.96%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (346)
30.95%
I don't have an opinion (247)
22.09%

Watched Threads