Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have waited 16 weeks for this appointment because 'I slipped through the net' which was the explanation given to me for the delay.
    So, before I saw the consultant who was very thorough and explained the procedures to me through diagrams (the calcium levels in my blood are too high). Previous to that, a male nurse asked if he could do my height, blood pressure and weight. His English was so bad that I had to ask him several times to repeat himself. His uniform had the remnants of a meal on the front and he had no ID. He asked me to stand against the measuring device to do my height, followed by him telling me that he didn't know how to work out my height in Kilograms!
    I went to Reception and asked if I could have a nurse who could speak English, and could tell the difference in weight and height measurement.
    Not a good day was had by me, courtesy of our NHS.

ReputationRep:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It has its problems but unless everyone is willing to suffer a massive tax hike its going to stay like this and to be perfectly frank its bloody excelent for what it is, so what if non-urgent things slip through or have long waits thats life in an over crowded country. They saved my life when my lungs failed and they took excerlent care of me, especially the european nurses from Portugl and central-eastern Europe.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    that does seem a bit worrying but i assume the consultants got what they needed whether in kg or stones and at the end of the day they did their job. i was woken up by nurses 3 times during the night to do these checks and i could care less what the readings were as long as they got what they need.

ReputationRep:
    It isn't actually a routine. They suspect that I have a tumour on my thyroid and that's why my calcium levels are so high.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.