Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I thought I'd make an E3 thread, seeing as though it's so soon.

Anyone looking forward to some tasty news, screenshots and videos?

ReputationRep:
    Gamespot are doing live streaming for the Sony press conference ,Microsoft and Nintendo.

http://e3.gamespot.com/?tag=nav-top;e3

ReputationRep:
    All I want is a killzone and metal gear confirmation date... please god!

ReputationRep:
    Wii Dates:

* Big Brain Academy for Wii (Nintendo) 20th July 2007
    * Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Nintendo / Atlus) 10th August 2007
    * Super Paper Mario (Nintendo) 14th September 2007
    * Metroid Prime 3 Corruption (Nintendo) 26 October 2007
    * Forever Blue (tentative title) (Nintendo) [aka Endless Ocean] Q4 2007
    * Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo) Q4 2007
    * Battalion Wars 2 (Nintendo) Q4 2007
    * Resident Evil The Umbrella Chronicles (Capcom) Q4 2007
    * Pokémon Battle Revolution (Nintendo) Q4 2007
    * Wii Fitness (Nintendo) 2008
    * Mario Kart Wii (tentative title) (Nintendo) 2008
    * Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo) 2008
    Can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    On this other board I visit, all the PS3 fanboys are jumping for joy after E3. Hell, it's trolling, but people keep posting this list:

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Should be good, will be ported to the 360
    Home - Like second life, I don't care, I like my first life.
    Haze - Generic shooter. Could be good.
    Killzone 2 - Sequel to a mediocre shooting game on a console with poor FPSs.
    Madden 08 - EA Sports, will be on everything
    NBA 08 - See above
    Little Big World - Sounds like a crappy Pikmin/Animal Crossing.
    Final Fantasy Tactics - Rehash.

And looking at the Microsoft and Nintendo announcements, there wasn't really much that was too special either. Apart from Mario Galaxy, MP3, SSBB, the new Trauma Centre and Halo 3.

Edit: I forgot, I'm still excited by MGS4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabris)
    On this other board I visit, all the PS3 fanboys are jumping for joy after E3. Hell, it's trolling, but people keep posting this list:

Home - Like second life, I don't care, I like my first life.
    Haze - Generic shooter. Could be good.
    Killzone 2 - Sequel to a mediocre shooting game on a console with poor FPSs.
    Madden 08 - EA Sports, will be on everything
    NBA 08 - See above
    Little Big World - Sounds like a crappy Pikmin/Animal Crossing.
    Final Fantasy Tactics - Rehash.

And looking at the Microsoft and Nintendo announcements, there wasn't really much that was too special either. Apart from Mario Galaxy, MP3, SSBB, the new Trauma Centre and Halo 3.

Edit: I forgot, I'm still excited by MGS4
    lol.... what well structured arguments you present. certainly doesnt sound like you're just trying to spread mud all over a console because for one reason or another you feel it has wronged you...

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm not really making an argument out of it.

But Sony fanboys are talking about how these games will make the PS3 win this generation, they won't. Maybe in a few years time, the PS3 will come steamrolling with a load of amazing games, but not yet.

ReputationRep:
    omg i just looked at what the ps3 conference revealed....

wipeout hd... [email protected]

i must have it

tbh everything looks great. kz2, heavenly sword, lbp, those other downloadable games, not sure about home but looks interesting. also new psp make me and of course mgs too. and haze! lots of good stuff on the way

ReputationRep:
    Oooooh, I haven't played Wipeout in years!

The thing about Killzone2 is that Killzone wasn't a spectacular FPS imo, it stood out on the PS2 because FPS games on the PS2 weren't brilliant, so gameplay wise, I'm not putting my hopes up. It looks good, but not as good as other games that are coming out.

I just watched the MGS4 trailer.

God damn.

Edit: Haze should be good as well, I like Free Radical games and since it isn't another Timesplitters game, I'm looking forward to it even more.

ReputationRep:
    Oooooh, I haven't played Wipeout in years!

The thing about Killzone2 is that Killzone wasn't a spectacular FPS imo, it stood out on the PS2 because FPS games on the PS2 weren't brilliant, so gameplay wise, I'm not putting my hopes up. It looks good, but not as good as other games that are coming out.

I just watched the MGS4 trailer.

God damn.

Edit: Haze should be good as well, I like Free Radical games and since it isn't another Timesplitters game, I'm looking forward to it even more.
    im full on addicted to wipeout. 2097 and pure are the best ones.... pure is actually better than 2097 but 2097 is a classic.

this downloadable version isnt wipeout 5... it looks to be based on pure with better textures and huge resolution... which is why it seems a little plain. (lik gt:hd isnt gt 5)

i dont give a **** tho... this is what i've wanted for ages!

ReputationRep:
    Haha, keep dreaming.

ReputationRep:
    About it being good or being ported to the 360?

Because I very much doubt it's going to stay exclusive. And I'm keeping my hopes up about it being good, I won't mind too much if it's a letdown though.

ReputationRep:
    mgs4 i so want to have it!

but then i dont have a ps3 to afford it but then again a quote somewhere

"Yes, in fact, we are working on putting Metal Gear Solid 4 on the Xbox 360 and PC, which should both come out roughly 6 months after the PS3 release. However, we've been working with Microsoft so the 360 and PC versions will both take advantage of Xbox Live and Games for Windows Live, with such features as achievements and the ability for 360 and PC owners to play against each other in multiplayer.

I'd love to give you some more details, but this is already pushing it. We are making the big announcement July 11th at this year's E3, so you'll just have to wait until then. Sorry!"

and my PC is going to love it, even to the point that since they are planning xbox - pc inter gaming... i wanna prove so bad to console gamers that PC is the ultimate gaming machine

BUUUUT

That quote is april fools day

ReputationRep:
    "[12:33] Tretton comes back to introduce "one last third-party platform," which he is "happy to say is only on PlayStation 3."

[12:34] Enter Hideo Kojima to introduce Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. He's nearly blinded by flashbulbs. "

Oh yes... You thought you could buy out our snake didn't you microsoft?

P.S. Sad about new PSP! Thankfully it has only video output... still

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Logan)
    mgs4 i so want to have it!

but then i dont have a ps3 to afford it but then again a quote somewhere

"Yes, in fact, we are working on putting Metal Gear Solid 4 on the Xbox 360 and PC, which should both come out roughly 6 months after the PS3 release. However, we've been working with Microsoft so the 360 and PC versions will both take advantage of Xbox Live and Games for Windows Live, with such features as achievements and the ability for 360 and PC owners to play against each other in multiplayer.

I'd love to give you some more details, but this is already pushing it. We are making the big announcement July 11th at this year's E3, so you'll just have to wait until then. Sorry!"

and my PC is going to love it, even to the point that since they are planning xbox - pc inter gaming... i wanna prove so bad to console gamers that PC is the ultimate gaming machine

BUUUUT

That quote is april fools day
    Source? "At this year's e3", oh that's funny, like how PS3's confrence they said it was exclusive and how Hideo said he "needs" the 'cell processing power' =]

Too bad, one awesome game microsoft can't buy.

ReputationRep:
    Here's what I thought about Nintendo's announcements (cause lets face it, they're all that really matter :p: )

wii fit = perhaps good for core stability but its hardly going to crank up the calorie burning :confused: I hope they dont market it on the premise that you will loose weight.

Mario and Sonic = I sqealed out loud when I saw Tails running alongside Peachy ^_^

Mario Galaxy = Bee and Boo costumes are super sweet. But it looks too much like Super Mario Sunshine for my liking. I prefered the New Super Mario Bros side-scrolling better ;yes;

Mario Kart Wii = I almost cried when I heard about the online. But...that wheel... thats gotta go. lulz

ReputationRep:
    Haha just seen the burnout trailer, now THAT looks immense. Playing against your mates sounds really cool, in terms of driving around looking at individual streets and your friend's biggest crash/best time on that street, i'm really looking forward to this!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/2...e3i=1&type=mov

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loadmalz)
    Source? "At this year's e3", oh that's funny, like how PS3's confrence they said it was exclusive and how Hideo said he "needs" the 'cell processing power' =]

Too bad, one awesome game microsoft can't buy.
    Well, unless the PS3 starts selling more than it is at the moment (which I'm sure it will by the time 2008 comes round), I wouldn't rule out a 360 port as Konami will have to get their profit from somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Well, unless the PS3 starts selling more than it is at the moment (which I'm sure it will by the time 2008 comes round), I wouldn't rule out a 360 port as Konami will have to get their profit from somewhere.
    Price drop after 2 days made PS3 jump up to #1 most sold on amazon.com, also ps3 still has its first christmas in england, as well as maybe a price drop for the UK, there's still plenty to be sold. I think ps3 is the most realistic console for the future. Hence why Metal Gear have stook with it.

I mean, Wii maybe outselling ps3 god knows how many times over, but in my opinion that's more of a play-with-your-friends-console, and sooner or later people will realise it's just novelty. Whereas the 360, it's the same as ps3 to be honest, but 360 has been out longer, hence it's sales kick sony's ass. I'm not trying to provoke any "console flaming" or whatever, I honestly don't want to argue, but that's my opinion, ps3's life has just started, give it time to catch up :-)

Plus, think of Konami's production costs if they port it to 360, either they scale it down, or they waste money on burning several DVDs for the 360, like the old school final fantasy games, etc... this leads me to believe that the chances of a 360 port aren't that high.

ReputationRep:
    Sony will do everything they can to keep MGS PS3 exclusive, so you can write that one off.

In terms of this Xmas, it depends on what people are looking for? The 360 Elite is being launched in August, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were official UK price drops advertise around September, to coincide with the Halo 3 launch. If they could do a bundle with say a 360 Premium and Halo 3 and Gears of War together for maybe £250/£260, that could be a mega blow for the PS3.

Sony really need to drop the price to around £350 to really grab the attention of consumers

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 14, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.