Turn on thread page Beta

Sainsburys investigation meeting watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Last weekend I was invited to sweet 15 party it was on a Saturday and I work the weekends so I went to this party and at 11:45 a fight kicked off in the smoking area between some guys from the area we was in I have never seen these people in my life and my boyfriends family it started because one of the boys called one of the girls a **** sounds petty I know but it all kicked off specially as everyone has been drinking before this situation happened so it quickly escalated I was in the middle of the madness trying to stop the fights from happening saying there not worth it whilst having an argument match with these guys anyways police was called and I was arrested along with a few other people and because it was 12 in the night I didn't get let out until 9 the following morning so I missed work because of this and my partner was still in there and I had to get him out so I waited for his release too I ended up missing 2 days as U.K. Morning shifts from 6am-2pm so it was to late I had missed another shift got back to work filled out a return to work now today half way through my shift my floor manager asked me to go into the office and I was handed a letter to say this is a letter for an investigation meeting I can have a representative and someone will be taking notes ...I'm a little worried what this is I wasn't aware this was going to happen what does this mean ? Will they call up the police station or will they have me in the room and go over and over in detail as to what happened exactly .. I didn't get a criminal offence as i didn't do anything and I'm no criminal I'm scared what to expect I was told it will be done on Saturday with a different manager can someone please help me as I have no idea what to expect or how to prepare myself ? Anything is appreciated as I'm kinda freaking out
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Sunny1991)
    Last weekend I was invited to sweet 15 party it was on a Saturday and I work the weekends so I went to this party and at 11:45 a fight kicked off in the smoking area between some guys from the area we was in I have never seen these people in my life and my boyfriends family it started because one of the boys called one of the girls a **** sounds petty I know but it all kicked off specially as everyone has been drinking before this situation happened so it quickly escalated I was in the middle of the madness trying to stop the fights from happening saying there not worth it whilst having an argument match with these guys anyways police was called and I was arrested along with a few other people and because it was 12 in the night I didn't get let out until 9 the following morning so I missed work because of this and my partner was still in there and I had to get him out so I waited for his release too I ended up missing 2 days as U.K. Morning shifts from 6am-2pm so it was to late I had missed another shift got back to work filled out a return to work now today half way through my shift my floor manager asked me to go into the office and I was handed a letter to say this is a letter for an investigation meeting I can have a representative and someone will be taking notes ...I'm a little worried what this is I wasn't aware this was going to happen what does this mean ? Will they call up the police station or will they have me in the room and go over and over in detail as to what happened exactly .. I didn't get a criminal offence as i didn't do anything and I'm no criminal I'm scared what to expect I was told it will be done on Saturday with a different manager can someone please help me as I have no idea what to expect or how to prepare myself ? Anything is appreciated as I'm kinda freaking out
    Have you already had the meeting?
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Sunny1991)
    The issue they are concerned about is that you didn't turn up to work and didn;t tell them. They don't much care why you weren't there. You need to be precisely clear about the timings and why you couldn't come in to work and also why you couldn't tell them between the first and second missed shifts.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Agree with most of what threeport said. From their perspective they wnat to know what happened. Why you missed the first and half the second shift.

Also why you didnt let them know.

I would suggest a timeline, so they cna see what happened and some good reasons as to why you were unable to let them know. Its as much about why you didnt tell them in the situation as it is about being forced to miss work.

I didn't get let out until 9 the following morning so I missed workbecause of this and my partner was still in there and I had to get him out so I waited for his release too I ended up missing 2 days as U.K. Morning shifts from 6am-2pm so it was to late I had missed another shift
    From the above it looks like you were released at the time you should have veen half way through your shift. Did you let them know?
    You then decided to wait another day to get your bf out? Did you ring work up to say you were missing a 2nd shift?

Cant really see you had sufficient reason not to let them know.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.