The Student Room Group

Cant access online account

I've done screwed up. I opened a bank account with nationwide a few years ago and I received a card reader so I could use the online banking. A few months ago I tried to use the card reader to access the account without thinking much and entered the pin incorrectly three times, so it was locked out. I've not bothered going back on to the online banking, mainly as I haven't needed to, but I now need to and I cant get in through the card reader.

There's another thing to access the account through a memorable thing and a passcode. I've found the passcode and now I cant remember the memorable thing (ironic, right) as I entered it so many years ago without taking a note. I've tried a few different things but it locked me out for 60 minutes after a few failed attempts.

I don't want to go into nationwide and tell them as I'd be too embarassed that I've been stupid enough to do this, nor do I want to tell parents for the same reason. So now I'm stuck with just guessing random things.

Is there any solution to this? I've tried ordering another card reader for 5 working days time (after hiding the other one, they're free), but my guess is that the card is the thing blocking me, rather than the reader. I can keep on trying to guess the memorable data (which is difficult as it's case sensitive), but I don't know if the time limit on that will start to rise to 2 hours, 1 day etc.
Reply 1
Craig, stop acting like a child. Go into nationwide and sort out the 5 minute job of resetting your details.
Reply 2
What he said^^
Failing that ring them.
Reply 3
I got in through memorable data (was my home town obviously :s-smilie:).

And you don't understand the level of 'embarassed' I'll be.

Spoiler

Reply 4
Original post by Craig1998
I got in through memorable data (was my home town obviously :s-smilie:).

And you don't understand the level of 'embarassed' I'll be.

Spoiler

Adapt to the real world Craig. You don't live in a bubble anymore.
You might be able to phone them. But yeah, I'd go in and speak to someone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending